1970 s/s rpm 1 ? in mint set. purchased this set.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Autoturf, May 22, 2019.

1. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4. Rick Stachowski

Exactly ..

Stevearino and furryfrog02 like this.
  5. Rick Stachowski

furryfrog02 likes this.
  6. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

This is not a 700 dollar cent. A couple years ago I found 10 1970 UC sets.
    6 of them had this RPM. Hey if Autoturf wants to embellish the coin to make himself feel better. It up to him. It's only found in mint sets and is common, unless a conditional rarity.

Stevearino and furryfrog02 like this.
  7. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Ok, good to know I wasn't spouting BS. :p
    As for OP, I wasn't trying to be negative towards you, contrary to what you said in your PM to me. I was just trying to ground you in reality.
    Is it a cool find? yes. Is it worth $700? No.

8. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

If it ever gets as popular as the small date it would probably be worth 20 or $30. The small date is represented in about 10.1% of mint sets and the S/S in about 15% of them.

But it does have one huge advantage over the sm dt; it has been ignored for many years and now most of them still in the sets are damaged by the plastic. It could end up be scarcer in pristine condition.

The big disadvantage is that there are no holes for it in folders and albums so might not be so widely collected.

GenX Enthusiast and furryfrog02 like this.
  9. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

You gave data from one source, which can be unreliable or, you may have misunderstood what you were seeing. Check several places to verify the data you have. Frankly, if you have $700 to spend for a coin worth $30, and it still brings you joy, so be it.

furryfrog02 likes this.
  10. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

You have to remember, asking price isn't the value of anything unless it sells for that price. A coin is only worth what someone is willing to pay. People list some coins on eBay for thousands of dollars and no one ever bids on them.

11. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Here is my 70 s/s. Does it make it worth more if it is a high 7? Or is there no RPM for the high 7...
    PhotoEditor_20190523_144758245.jpg

12. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Or is the high 7 on the proof '70 cent?

13. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Yours is a large date. Every coin made with that die is a large date. Not understanding your question.

14. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Low 7, large date. Level 7, small date...the question is, is the RPM 001 only on the large date?

Edit: But your post about the RPM being on that die now clicks that it would only be on the large date...

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    enamel7 likes this.
  15. Railguy

Railguy Well-Known Member

Nice find.now I have go through all my 1970s es for a rpm.just kidding.

16. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

NGC calling that 1970 s/s LD VP-002 there is 3 listed on ebay. all listings are for LD none are small dates. rpm 1 is s/s north rpm 2 s/s west rpm 3 s/s tilted.

17. FooFighter

FooFighter Just a Knucklehead Coin Hunter

Wow was that a great thread to follow. SPIRITED!
    Thank guys

Autoturf likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted