1970 S LMC Rpm-001

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Brian Nguyen, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Brian Nguyen

Brian Nguyen Active Member

I just found this couple days ago while CRH. Need a little acetone bath
    20180706_200722-ccfopt.jpg 20180706_201557-ccfopt.jpg 20180706_201614-ccfopt.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Brittany Coe

Brittany Coe Bstingbutterfly

I don't think you are suppose to clean them!!

4. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

You got that right. @Brian Nguyen

5. Brian Nguyen

Yes, dont clean your coin, but acetone bath is the safest way, plus this one is in bad condition luster was gone. Just let it soaked for 15 mins then airdry.

Brittany Coe likes this.
  6. Brittany Coe

Brittany Coe Bstingbutterfly

So it's okay to soak them in acetone? What if it was an old wheat penny, would you still soak it in acetone then?

Just curious because I hate not being able to clean my coins up. Like a lot

7. Brian Nguyen

Thanks Cheech9712! I was about to buy one on ebay for around $30 in AU grade last couple week ago but I didn't pull the trigger for it. Glad I found one. This is one of the top RPM that I love on my wanted list.

8. Brian Nguyen

@Brittany it depend on what you want to do it or not. For resell I dont recommend. But if you would like to have it in collection then why not. Also, if the coin has verdigris and in bad shape then you can try it. Remember to use (Pure Acetone) not something like nail polish or removal. On a high values coin dont ever do it too LOL. (Dont ever attemp to clean). :)

9. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Soaking coins in water (even soapy) or solvents is NOT cleaning them. If you do anything that physically alters the surface, like wiping with a paper towel, then you are cleaning.

Draft saved Draft deleted