1970 s Double Die :) Hi and glad to meet you All.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by WizardofAwes, Feb 4, 2017.

1. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

Here are a few photos . Here to make friends . I started searching and collecting in 2011. I have other coins I've found that I will post. It's been Amazing and fun so far . I've met some really cool people and looking forward to more. Thanks for your help and knowledge.

IMG_0390.JPG IMG_0394.JPG IMG_0395.JPG IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0400.JPG IMG_0402.JPG

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood @WizardofAwes !

From your images, I'm not 100% positive, but I think what you are seeing is die deterioration doubling.

Before @paddyman98 gets here, I should mention that the correct term is "doubled die", not double die. He can be OCD at times.;););)

Chris

4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's nothing, friend. It's just a normal cent.

EDIT: Do you see how the S mint mark is "doubled," too? That was put in after the rest of the die was made. This is strike-doubling, not die-doubling.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    dwhiz likes this.
  5. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

ThankU Chris doubled ;)

6. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

Right on. Cool . ThankU this is new info to me and I'll look it up soon as I have a chance :)

7. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

I just got a chance to watch this video

About the 3 different tips doubled , strike , and irrotion
    I have a 1969 s strike-doubling ☺️ Do you know what kind of worth they have Eddie?

8. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

I'd really like to take classes get more educated in coins . I'm having so much fun and one of my greatest investments yet ☺️

eddiespin likes this.
  9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's worth as much as ours, one cent... :(

69s.jpg

10. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

Lol for sure I'm even becoming more educated about my country , presidents, wars , and such. It's fascinating to me at the moment. One of my goals now is to design my own token with my hidden but visible truths on them ☺️ It may take a moment as I need to know more about what mint is and creating coins . Seems like an awesome goal and getting friends involved . Bonding people together with good Great intentions ☺️

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  11. WizardofAwes

WizardofAwes Member

Looked valuable to me till I watched that video

Draft saved Draft deleted