1970 S cent this one has me wishing,whats your take on it.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Luckycharms, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

Hello to the forum.,
    I came across this one in my pickings its very nice. The pics are not the greatest ,new camera bugs< the date seems to show doubleing,liberty has weakness, and looks hopefull, but my grading skills lack on this one.the 1 is double the 9 has a ridge,the 7 has double strikeing and the 0, i see 2 digits. the g has doubling the o has it and the D in god,.the we is somewhat heavier marking than the rest. the T and S in trust are noted to be shadowy as well. From some of the pics I have seen out there I realize this could be another variety altogether, If anyone out there can shed some knowledge on this coin I am all ears,and will gladly return the favor if our paths cross. If the pics are not good enought then I will have to wait untill I get better to retake them. Thank you in advance Eric. IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0058.JPG 1970 S obv date doubleing.JPG IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0058.JPG 1970 S obv date doubleing.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

looks like you might have somthing. almost positive DD on the date.
    worth about $20-$100

4. PittsburghMom

PittsburghMom Active Member

Really? Someone tell me what I'm missing. I just posted a coin with the same year/mint mark yesterday and from what I've learned, this is a common large date.... I don't see a DDO at all, just lighting issues. It happens to me all the time depending on reflection. Look at how the outer level looks lower... my digital microscope does that all the time. What are you seeing with a loop? I've found that to be much more accurate.

5. coingeek12

could be MD
    welcome to coin talk! lucky charms!

6. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

Welcome to Coin Talk!, Large Date 1970 S Lincoln cent, Nothing Else..
    008-14-1.jpg 014-13-3.jpg

7. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

How can you see that from those pictures?

8. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

MAGNIFYING GLASSES? maybe....:D:D

9. coingeek12

i.....have......SUPER VISION!!!!

10. coingeek12

nope, just good at focesing in on small things. look at the last date picture.

11. redwin117

redwin117 Junior Member

let's try this for you to see. this one is much more better picture thn his. What did you see here!
    1992 DOUBLING.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg

12. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

13. coingeek12

i see a slight off center coin with in the first picture a slight DDO and second just off center.

14. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

I think you need to get your super vision checked.

That's a common large date 70S, no DDO, possible MD but the poor picture quality makes it difficult to determine with any degree of certainty.

15. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

That's the same coin.

Look at the marks starting at the tip of Abe's nose. It's the same in both pics. He just took the pics at different angles, and lighting.

16. coingeek12

i knew that, just seeing if you guys where paying attention to HOW OFF TOPIC WE ARE!!!

17. Luckycharms

Luckycharms New Member

Hey coingeek,
    Maybe the offcenter die is what loosend it up,in the real picture my D in God is way off and doubled quite nicely, a major if you ask me. Usually they say you get one good coin in your life to me this ones it. A buddy of mine has some CSI equipment I hope to have him shoot that 70 S DDO again, then we see how many friends I make, LOL. Wow off topic wasnt the word for it, Lucky

Draft saved Draft deleted