1970 quarter over a 1941 Canadian quarter

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Cerrone Griffith, Jun 16, 2018.

?

What's possible value

1. Price

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Who can appraise

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Just a picture of the edge would suffice.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

Congratulations. The first step to finding error coins is to look for something different. To know what might be out there many books exist. Searching for
    a rare coin that has previously been considered unique is just frustrating.
    Without facts no one will believe that you have found the unicorn. Among
    the books on varieties "GET RICH WITH POCKET CHANGE" has caused many
    hurt feelings and some folks relegate it to the status of "fairy tales for coins".
    Here are just a few of the facts that will be required. Weight; fine - could be either .800 or .900 silver and still be valuable; clear convincing photos that
    cover exactly the coins in question. There are machines that can determine fine without harming the coin. Don't let any fool with an acid bottle near your coin. If you have all that the only way to get top dollar is to get a TPG to authenticate it. There are major fees involved unless they are desperate for advertising and cut you a deal. Now assuming you have the slab in hand you must find a premier auction company and wait a very long time for the proper sale for your coin. Some houses will pay you an advance based on the minimum starting bid. I would not want to be on the hook if the coin didn't sell but some folks like to gamble. Having said all that I sincerely hope that you have found what you think you have. We all search for the Holy Grail but few find it.

Spark1951 likes this.
  4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The quarter that was struck was a 1970-S.
    Meaning it was a proof quarter and was struck intentionally.
    There is only 1 of these coins, the OP hasn't found a unicorn. It's already slabbed.
    What are you talking about?
    First off, let's see the full date on the OP's coin before you start calling the Smithsonian, because if it is not an S it's disqualified.

5. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

You have a regular quarter, the 1970 over 1941 is unique and it was likely created by tomfoolery at the mint during that period of time that produced many other extreme errors as well.

6. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

I believe Cerrone has run away. His last post (this thread) was over 24 hours ago, but he logged on at 8:17pm last night.

@Cerrone Griffith ...if you are still with us, post a picture of the edge of the coin. Or post that you were wrong and learned some valuable information and elevated yourself in the hobby.

Otherwise, remain under your bridge...Spark

7. Cerrone Griffith

Cerrone Griffith New Member

thanks I will

8. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Wait... is that a Zebra?

9. Spark1951

Trying to be kind...if you don't post a picture of the edge of the coin, then this thread is officially dead...Spark

10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If it's not a 1970-S. etc. I seriously doubt the OP's coin was a proof 1970-S.

11. Cerrone Griffith

There's something there I know it.

Attached Files:

12. Cerrone Griffith

There's something there.

13. Spark1951

Cerrone...there's nothing there. The edge shows copper which proves it is not the coin you purport it to be...Spark

Stevearino likes this.
  14. Cerrone Griffith

15. Cerrone Griffith

What is the value of this 2005 Wisconsin Quarter that says in God We Rust?

Attached Files:

16. Spark1951

You are very welcome.

I would like you to stay with us to learn. We all make mistakes, it's part of the process of learning. On a scale of 1 to 10, I consider myself a solid 6 for experience and knowledge in certain denominations. The experts you heard from here are 10s. Please accept their expertise with the intent in which it is offered. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to help...Spark

17. Cerrone Griffith

18. Spark1951

You need to start a new thread for the Wisconsin quarter...Spark

19. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

the circular line you see is damage from a coin rolling machine.

20. Spark1951

BTW, that is a Kansas variety...Spark

21. Cerrone Griffith

Oops looking at two coins at same time

Draft saved Draft deleted