1970 quarter 1941 date on back.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Steve333, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

It is easy to see that your coin was struck on a Clad planchet. No questions there. Clad coins weren't made until 1965.

If your coin was struck over a 1941 quarter, how could it be clad???

That's why it helps to learn as much as you can about the minting process and basic coin collecting before searching rolls for errors

Look at www.doubleddie.com. Wexler has section explaining the minting process. I don't have the links, but the U.S. Mint and Coin Week have some really good YouTube videos as well (stay away from the other YouTube click bait hacks) If the video is from those 2 sources, it should be useful

Stevearino, JeffC and l.cutler like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Steve333

Steve333 Member

Thank you I will do some more research.

4. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

You were told wrong - welcome aboard, browse the site and learn about coins from those who know the hobby ;)

5. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

I agree, Sgt. Schulz says "I See Nothing." Sorry

Stevearino likes this.
  6. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Exactly what Oldhoopster said. It is a clad planchet which could not have been made before 1965, it doesn't matter at all if it is a little thinner it is still clad.

7. James Williams

James Williams New Member

If you don't believe any of us then send it to a TPG and get it AUTHENTICATED then come back and let us know what the coin graded.

8. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

From the first coins I'm seeing you post it appears you're getting alot of your info from YouTube videos. Here's a fact for you. Most of those are nothing but clickbait and they don't know what they're talking about. Just ignore them!

Stevearino likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted