1970 D Nickel Double Rim?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by CatW, Feb 2, 2017.

1. CatW

CatW Member

Good evening everyone,

Found these 2 just now. They are both 1970 D. One has a double rim from "Liberty" to about the "7" in 1970.
    The other coin, has a double rim complete both obverse and reverse.
    Cool stuff or no? :cool: 20170202_183441.jpg 20170202_183737.jpg 20170202_183633.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Slightly misaligned die strike will cause a double rim. It's not off enough to make it valuable. I have a few of those. They seem to be common on Jeffersons.

4. CatW

CatW Member

Dangit Michael, I will give you an opportunity to change your answer LOL!!! I'm obviously kidding. I find all these crazy things I've never seen before because I have recently started to pay attention, and I just want something to be exciting for a change. Thank you for your time!

Michael K likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood, Cat!

With hundreds of billions of coins continually in circulation, I'm going to take a wild guess that you will probably find lots of strange things, even 20 years from now.:(:(

Chris;);)

6. CatW

CatW Member

Thank you! I really do try to do my homework every day, but there is sooo much info I almost drive myself crazy trying to learn. So I hope in the meantime, I don't drive you all mad with my amateur posts.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That's impossible. We're already nuts!

Chris

CatW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted