1970 d Kennedy half dollar 90% silver!!!!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Michael777, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Reid Morgan

Reid Morgan Member

Thank you Jim, for your excellent answer. I too, have stressed the necessity of an 0.1 calibrated scale. I am not referring to the many good (if difficult, so what? I want the experience of people much more knowledgable than I) people on this forum. Please read carefully this entire thread from the beginning and look for the mockers and hope-to-see-you-fail-miserably-and-slink-away-in-shame posts in this thread. This is a good thread with lessons for many of us participating (especially me).

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael777

Michael777 Member

thank you for the advice ive been tryoming all day to talk to someone other than their robot representatives but no luck heres the thing tje coin is thiner and it actually weighs 12.5 but it is all silver iddk what to make of it their is no sing of clad well their is but very very litle like you have to stare at the rim to see it so tomarrow i will seend it of with those spesdifications on the submission form

4. Michael777

Michael777 Member

i own and use a brifit prisision heavy duty digital 0.1 scale it is calabrated with a 50g weight and ialso own a 20x-100× 3.5mp hdmi digital microscope for my veriety hunting so im pretty sure my tools of the trade are pretty acurate and with a well educated ownr that knows how to use his tools to be able to detect verieties and errors

5. Michael777

Michael777 Member

dam cyber bully huh i would love to see you blocked from this site for being so envious you know thats the root of all evil and fyi failure is part of succes i do not fear or dred being wrong so sorry pall no way you will enjoy anything like that but yea hope one day your ignorance is lifted and you can live life happy not misurable to the point that you dind plesure in other peopels failures smh god bless you

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Just so there is no misinterpretation of my 0.1 gram scale remark, I meant that is not enough accuracy since digital scales round off the last digit. I use a 0.001g scale and calibrate it with a 5 gr. calibration weight. Best wishes to you all, Jim

And Reid, I did not see any mockers and they have reasons to doubt the material when the evidence is so thin. I do not slink, sorry, and when you get the info back and you were correct, I will say the success to you. please come back so we can all be happy for you. Best of luck, Jim

7. Michael777

Michael777 Member

here you go some more food for your envy ok oh that is a d over s 69 s as well that you might love as well

Attached Files:

8. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Nice die chip on the 52D. Where is the 69S? I see a 69D and it is not an OMM. With some clearer photos we could help you figure out which RPM it is.

9. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Hey @Michael777. I hope your coin really is a 90%er, that would be cool. I do have a bit of advice - Please break up your posts into sentences with punctuation, and review them for spelling errors. That would make them much easier to read and understand. I agree with the comments on weighing your coin with a calibrated jewelers scale accurate to at least 0.01 grams. Best of luck in your endeavor and keep us posted.

10. Michael777

Michael777 Member

ill let mr wineberg fill you in i think i want to drop by his office personaly to share the beautiful error i am a real collector and apreciate the art snd rarity of error an verietty coins

11. Michael777

Michael777 Member

nope you dont deserve them i just want to tease you lol again i am passionate collector and refuse to share my unique finds with this forum with the exeption of some but i feel like im going to enjoy everyones envy once i am getting my check oh and just to rub it in just a tad check out my new watch

Attached Files:

12. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

Someone asks you a legitimate question and you insult them? Come on, it's obvious why you're here! Your coins are nothing special.

thomas mozzillo and Mark1971 like this.
  13. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

He has now found himself on the troll list, shows a couple dollar coins, but can't show a photo of his Transitional error. What a troll! We all gave him a chance.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Danomite likes this.
  14. Danomite

Danomite What do you say uh-huh

Wow. You’ve gone from delusional to totally incoherent. If you traded your 1970 D 90%er for that watch, see if they’ll trade back! It’s only off by about 6 and a half hours. The experts here have given you good opinions and advice. Why can’t you show your coin on a scale? :stop:

CaptHenway and Mark1971 like this.
  15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Excuses! Excuses!

Maybe you should tell @Fred Weinberg when you plan to visit. I wouldn't want you to have another excuse. ~ Chris

Danomite likes this.
  16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Dude, he's arguing your side.

Kentucky and Mark1971 like this.
  17. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

Anybody got some hardware cloth? We got to try and keep some of these bats out of the belfry.

CaptHenway likes this.
  18. Reid Morgan

Reid Morgan Member

Please read Joe Campbell's post in general, and specifically read the second sentence of the first paragraph of his post. If this is not mocking and wanting someone to fail and slink away in disgust, what is? Joe, I would be happy to hear why I have apparently totally mis-interpreted your post. I stand ready to apologize profusely to you in public on this forum if and when you show me I am mistaken. Jim, thank you for your careful and thoughtful moderation of this forum. However, I was bullied and mocked throughout my adolescence and I DO NOT tolerate bullying and mocking when I see it. OOPS! I guess I just gave away edited

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2020
  19. Reid Morgan

Reid Morgan Member

Michael777, I am concerned about your use of a "heavy duty" digital scale which calibrates with a 50 gram weight. This does not sound like an appropriate scale with which to weigh a Kennedy half looking for a one gram difference. As several of us have pointed out on this thread, without an appropriate digital scale appropriately calibrated, submitting your coin to PCGS is probably going to be a waste of your time and money.

But hey, my first two coins submitted to PCGS on 12/24/19 was a $7 quarter that did, in fact, turn out to be a FS-25-1943-103 that came back as an AU53 (Truview pic available on this thread if anyone cares to see it) The other was an $8 1955-D quarter I was SURE was an MS67 with the appropriately ridiculous PCGS Price Guide value. I insured both quarters as required by my self-valuation of these two quarters. I was happy with the graded result of my $7 "Wonder Quarter" and chagrined by the MS63 grading of my $8 "Not So Wonderful Quarter". Clearly I could already cherry pick die varieties, but not grade to save my "whatever". So I dusted my ego off for a minute or two and got to work on my grading skills. Mistakes are a necessary part in progressing as a person in general and in numismatics in particular. So I bought the $475 ANA correspondence course, and am attending the two day PCGS grading class in my hometown of Philly on March 26 & 27.

Whatever Michael777 chooses to do, based on this excrutiatingly too-long post, he will learn from the exerience. I'm done on this thread unless Joe wants to engage me.

20. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I don't think @Michael777 realizes @Reid Morgan was arguing his side. Instead he goes and insults the man and wants to see him blocked.

Dug13 likes this.
  21. Reid Morgan

Reid Morgan Member

Thanks for your kind and thoughful reply. But I think that @Michael777 does understand who is who. He, like myself, is referring to @Joe Campbell. I, for one, am waiting for said person to come and set me straight as to my mis-interpretation of his post that set both myself and @Michael77 off like a roman candle. Alas, I fear that said person, Edited can dish it out, but may not do so well when roasted publicly edited and served his own back to him as a bowl of stone cold "whatever". Joe???

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted