1970-d cent error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by General_Godlike, Aug 28, 2011.

1. General_Godlike

General_Godlike Dept. of Transportation

I know typically everyone wants to see a picture when trying to figure out weather or not something is an error, but at the moment my camera is messed up. but I have two 1970-d cents. One has the mint mart right underneath the date and the other coin has the mint mark much lower than the other one. Is there any varieties for this year, and or errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zach24

zach24 DNSO 7070 71 pct complete

Without pictures it's hard to say, but back before the early 90s?(I think) all the mm were hand punched into the die so there were differences year to year, die to die, etc.

4. General_Godlike

here are some pics. They arnt the greatest but youll get an idea of what I mean. IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0459.JPG

5. General_Godlike

i not sure if the pictures are close enough. My macro mode on my camera sucks

6. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

the location of the mint mark on both coins is considered normal

Richard

7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I agree.

8. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Prior to 1990 the mint marks were hand-punched on, so anywhere around that area is normal, as ziggy9 pointed out in another thread.

9. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

10. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

What was your MOS? I was 0300, 6600, 6611, 6613. :)-O)

11. 10gary22

10gary22 Junior Member

05c, 11b............expert m14, m16, m60, bayonet

12. Funnycoin??

Funnycoin?? New Member

[​IMG] I have the same two coins and one is small date other is large but one question Lincolns chest is gone why??? Might be a error... Coin on right I think has lamination.

Draft saved Draft deleted