1969s CENT DD REVERSE?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Feb 25, 2021.

1. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

I was going through a cent roll from a package of assorted rolls I had picked up at the bank yesterday and I found a 1969s cent. I put it in a cardboard flip. This morning I was watching U-Tube on tv, (I like watching U-Tube cause coin collectors make videos showing coins they want to talk about) And the video I was watching the guy was talking about older cents and he showed a 1969s cent and I thought, " Hey...I found one yesterday..." And since I am creeping up on 70, I was shocked that I had remembered that :rolleyes:.....Anywayssss....The gentleman mentioned to look for DD on the reverse...So I took my out of the cardboard flip and under the microscope it went...What do you guys think? 1969s 12aa.jpg 1969s 12a.jpg SingleShot0007.jpg 1969s 12aa.jpg 1969s 12a.jpg SingleShot0007.jpg 1969s 6a.jpg 1969s 7a.jpg 1969s 9.jpg 1969s 11.jpg 1969s 11aa.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Beautiful clear pictures. But I'm not seeing any Doubled Die doubling :(

GH#75, 1stSgt22 and SmokinJoe like this.
  4. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

This guy who said that was off his nut, Joe. Sometimes they are.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I'm not seeing it.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

No, some mechanical , but no true doubling. Jim

SmokinJoe likes this.
  7. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

There is only one DDR listing for 1969S for a business strike and to be honest, that listing looks suspect to me. It affects the center bay on the Memorial. (Variety Vista)

There are a few for the Proof for that year, but that doesn't apply here. Further, as noted by our fellow enthusiasts, nothing on your specimen hints of DDR. Thanks for the fine pictures...it really helps the diagnostics!

SmokinJoe likes this.
  8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You're watching You Tube coin videos? Oh Joe, Say It Ain't So".

1stSgt22, SmokinJoe and Kevin Mader like this.
  9. Kevin Mader

I was thinking it. :D

SmokinJoe and tommyc03 like this.
  10. SmokinJoe

Yeah eddie I was thinking that too .....Especially after he said a 1969s DDR sold for $35 Thousand......Just the way he said it sounded like bs....

eddiespin likes this.
  11. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Nope it's not a DDR still its in pretty good condition for being 52 years old.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The OP may have been confusing the obverse/reverse. The Obverse 69S DDO is in that price range or higher. Jim

Kevin Mader and SmokinJoe like this.
  13. SmokinJoe

Alllll right tommy.....And kevin.....I will not watch coin collectors on You-Tube again....I don't know how the heck that happened anyway...I think I MUST have hit the wrong channel on the tv remote :rolleyes: Yeah.....Yeah, that's what happened! :banghead:

14. SmokinJoe

Thanks paddyman, I just love it when the microscope does what it's told to do!

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. SmokinJoe

Thanks Guys!!! I always appreciate your help an advise!

16. Collecting Nut

And once it was on I couldn't turn it off. Hehehe

Kevin Mader and SmokinJoe like this.
  17. SmokinJoe

Your right potty dollar, I liked how nice it looked when I found it....Although, I have always liked 50's and 60's coins....But this one was certainly a keeper! :happy:

18. SmokinJoe

Yeah......That's right!!!....( I didn't think about that :banghead::banghead: )

Collecting Nut likes this.
  19. Collecting Nut

You got me laughing now. Lol & lol

SmokinJoe likes this.
  20. Kevin Mader

LOL - You are out of your self-imposed timeout now!! :) I tend to only use YouTube for music and for videos on history...where I know the history...and just want to listen to someone talk about it. The trouble is that if I were to use it as a first source, I'm sure not to know something in a proper context or with the proper facts behind it. So many wanna-be-experts that although they may sound convincing (but are actually hacks), are actually filling your ears and head with rubbish. So there is a place for YouTube...just temper your understanding on the message you see and hear. It could be really wrong.

tommyc03 and SmokinJoe like this.
  21. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Good instincts, Joe. Trust your gut.

SmokinJoe likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted