1969D one dollar miscue/misprint?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Yadnala, Sep 22, 2018.

?

What Do I have Here ? Thank You!

1. Value

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No Value

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yadnala

Yadnala New Member

CCB7037B-27E0-4D51-899C-966414AAF380.jpeg FC5115EA-F2CA-4613-B270-D1EBF385552A.jpeg CCB7037B-27E0-4D51-899C-966414AAF380.jpeg FC5115EA-F2CA-4613-B270-D1EBF385552A.jpeg I have a 1969 D one dollar bill that appears to be mis-cut Or mis-Print...i’m A tenderfoot at this but I love collecting & Researching old coins and bills.
    Can the Powers That Be Give me Guidance on this? Is There a Value for This?
    Thank You

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Welcome to CT @Yadnala

It’s interesting and if I found it in circulation I’d probably keep it as a conversation piece, but it’s not quite bad enough to be something I’d pay above face value to own.

4. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

Take a look at a "regular" $1, and look at the registration of the front printing versus the back. Then you can decide for yourself if the printing isn't aligned or if it is cut wrong.

It's fun to have until you find a better one, typically you want these to be cut through the printing to have any value. Call this "bad quality control" :)

5. Yadnala

Yadnala New Member

Right On DAVE......I’ll definitely hang onto it.......I’m thinking it’s a misaligned Print because the back view looks fine compared to a correctly made dollar
    Thank You

6. Yadnala

Yadnala New Member

Right On Fellas

7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I hold such currency up to a strong light and see just how far off registration the front and back are. The more off makes it a keeper for me.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Slightly off but not an error. No added value but it's in nice condition so I'd add it to my collection. It only cost a dollar.

Welcome to CT.

9. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

The back looks centered. The OBV is off some, but not enough to create much value.

10. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Draft saved Draft deleted