1969D No FG Lincoln

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by kbabyjohnson01, Mar 10, 2013.

1. kbabyjohnson01

kbabyjohnson01 40 Years Cancer FREE

I just found this one roll searching. I don't see any evidence of the FG anywhere. Can anyone else see it?

69nofgobv.jpg

69nofgrev.jpg

69nofgcloseup.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

on the reverse by the steps can see the g of fg clearly

4. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Looks like a winner to me. Can't even make out a faint one on the close-up.

5. kbabyjohnson01

Thanks for your input on this one. Is there a way you could take my pic and point it out to me? I still don't see where you are referring to.

Thank you for your input also. I appreciate this site so much. It's always nice to be able to get other eyes on questionable coins...even in pictures.

6. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

I think you've got a winner as well. I sold one in a similar condition for about $10 if I remember correctly.
    Keep up the hunt!

7. kbabyjohnson01

Thank you very kindly sir. BTW....love the new avatar! :)

8. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Seems higher then it should be but looks like a g to me with the f possibly right up against the stairs. I could be wrong but looks like a g to me . 69nofgrev.jpg

9. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

That looks like gunk or some sort of pitting to me, as its too high/far left to be an FG.

10. kbabyjohnson01

That area in question looks like PMD to me. But thank you for clarifying where you were seeing possibilities.

11. Clutchy

Clutchy Well-Known Member

We had someone post one the other day. Think it was a 69 as well. It looked to be a grease penny. In your pics, I dont see any trace of a FG at all.

12. kbabyjohnson01

I remember that one. In fact, because of that one being posted and the comments of the "No FG" made me pay more attention to the initials as I went through the rolls; and especially the 69D's.

13. lubologist

lubologist Member

nice find,,glad to help out, that 1 was a 69s i thought was error but not just grease filled. but have found some of the 69d's no FG 020.JPG 003.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted