1969D -1969S When is missing REALY missing

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Michael Bromiley, Mar 3, 2019.

1. I've been examining 1969 D pennies for some time now and I am confused on what people are calling "missing" initials. Is it when you cannot see any evidence what so ever of the FG or can there be a little bump, or two bumps or what ? I have four photos here, the first two are two different circulated examples - the first has absolutely no evidence of initials, - the second , something is there if you really look - the third is an uncirculated example - something there if you really look but can I say it is missing, because if I can, I will get a lot more money because of the condition.
    The last photo is a circulated 1969S with a "missing" initial - WOW - (something barely there) but can I say it is missing ? -- Big Bucks ? Missing #1  1969D.jpg Missing #2  1969D.jpg Missing #3   1969D.jpg Missing #4   1969S.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I believe the missing FG issue is just because of an overpolished die. You also need to show the entire Reverse side to look at other factors. Look at the top part of the Lincoln Memorial Building. Does it look like it is floating?.. That is considered a Floating Roof Variety.

But.. Value for this issue.. It isn't any more than 1 Cent.. No big bucks!

Draft saved Draft deleted