1969D $1 bill error note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by SCmasonMA, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Oh that's awesome. That's a good one.
    Offset ink transfer, and very dark. Good error.
    Often these are light. The darker ones are worth more.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tpfbsh

tpfbsh New Member

I also came across a 1963 note with the tannish colored ink back.

NOS likes this.
  4. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

I haven't found one myself but it seems to have been a popular thing to do in the late 1960's until circa 1975 wherein the backs of $1 notes were chemically treated to change their color from green to orange or tan.

I suspect some did it with the intent to deceive and market such notes as errors while others did it for the fun or novelty value. It's peculiar how none seem to turn up like this post Series 1974.

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

This is an old thread. You should start a new one and post your photos there.

7. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

Not an offset transfer, because it's a direct print. The first print [green] was not turned over. Then was printed with the first front [Black]. Then printed with the last of the seals and numbers [Green]. Then cut and packed. So, it is a nice mistake in the printing process.

NOS and SensibleSal66 like this.
  8. valarie elvy

valarie elvy New Member

I have the same dollar. I found this in my grandfathers collection. 1969 D. everything is the same as your dollar. hard to believe this would be bleach if we have same dates and other characteristics that are the same.

NOS likes this.
  9. valarie elvy

valarie elvy New Member

I have the same dollar. I found this in my grandfathers collection. 1969 D. everything is the same as your dollar. hard to believe this would be bleach if we have same dates and other characteristics that are the same.

10. valarie elvy

valarie elvy New Member

NOS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted