1969 Silver Dime

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by jello, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Porsche2007

Porsche2007 Senior Member

There was nothing for Ecuador in 1969.
    Yes...it is a nice piece.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Porsche2007

Sorry...double post.

4. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

I guess the OP never sent the coin in for verification, which is too bad because it is known that the US Mint struck some 42 million dimes for Canada in 1969, using nickel planchets. It's not unreasonable to expect that at least one of those planchets (his) made it into the US Dime production. There are US Cent errors struck on those planchets.

5. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

I never knew of the US mint sub-contracting for Canada, but I do no they did so for many other coutnries.

Should be lots of errors on weird planchets, both ways.

a one in a million thing exists when striking many millions.....it is after all factory work done by Gov't workers that don't give a feces....

6. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

There's a lot of contradictory info in that thread. He seems content to accept one thing, but evidence supports other stuff. After reading the whole thing, it seems as though there is no answer. I'm suprised jello wouldn't be jumping on authenticating it, unless he did find out it was nothing special and just didn't update the thread (sparing a lot of heartache for us all...).

7. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

8. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I did! its not wroth grading Due to grade.
    that is all

9. Porsche2007

Conder101,

Now that I'm sober, I recognize that your words never had much truth.

Example:
    With energy-dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, a non-destructive technology, is possible to finalize with a decent analysis of something in particular. Here is a veridical example of an analysis effectuated upon 14k gold:
    Au 59.013%​
    Cu 20.464%​
    Ni 11.162%​
    Zn 7.710%​
    Os 0.991%​
    Br 0.660%​
    ------------​
    100 %​
    Here are words from a company that manufactures X-ray fluorescence (XRF) spectrometers: "the XLt Series handheld XRF spectrometer provides laboratory quality of results, high speed multielement analysis of samples of any shape and dimension without using special sample preparation technique."

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Used to have a lot of truth. I didn't know they now had handheld x-Ray Flourescence spectrometers. Used to be these were very expensive large immobile pieces of equipment, so "quick" was NOT possible.

11. JoeBuck

JoeBuck New Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread. But I think I may have found a silver 1969 Silver Dime. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this other than the instance in this thread?

12. Francisco Martinez

Francisco Martinez New Member

Hi there I have this 1969 with missing 'WE' letters In not bad looking shape is anybody out there think if this is worth anything.

13. Francisco Martinez

20201227_110807.jpg does anybody out there know if this is worth anything it's a 1966 roosevelt dime with lettersWE MISSING.

14. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It could just be wear. Or it could be because of a grease filled die.
    No extra value.

15. Francisco Martinez

Sorry but it's a 1966 and it looks in good shape for it to look worse out.

16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Sorry. No extra value. What you are seeing is very common.

17. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I can clearly see the letters 'WE' on your 1966 dime. Those letters are worn, just like the letters 'IN' are worn.

FYI, you really should start your own thread if you want more opinions. This thread is 10 years old, and a totally different subject.

18. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

You'd be better off spending it or redeeming it at your local Coinstar machine, @Francisco Martinez.

Draft saved Draft deleted