1969 S year,mint and profile DDO i am positive

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by teachmind, Jul 2, 2015.

1. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It looks like die deterioration to me.

Chris

5. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sorry pal, I only see MD, not DDO.

6. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

the fact that the date and mintmark are doubled in the same way is a sure indicator that this is MD and not true doubling as they were applied to the die at different times and by different methods

KurtS likes this.
  7. statequarterguy

statequarterguy Love Pucks

I have a bunch of those = MD.

8. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

flat and shelf like = MD...

9. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

I knew that lol thank you guys

10. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

45-1.jpg 45-2.jpg 45-3.jpg 45-4.jpg
    I was looking at this 69 and cant get it through my mind that its not a DDO am I crazy with these better photos maybe you can tell me is it MD or DDO? Then I will leave it alone.
    45-1.jpg 45-2.jpg 45-3.jpg 45-4.jpg

11. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

OK I got it, it is MD I research it.

ken454 likes this.
  12. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

When researched, A wise man answers his own questions.

13. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

14. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

Machine doubling can be collectable if it's dramatic enough. I'm not sure yours is though. Is there any on the motto or liberty?

15. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Nope, that's it I wish. Good thing there was not I would have probably fainted thinking it was the 1969s DDO!:dead:lol

16. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

17. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Thank you very helpful, on that link the year almost looks the same as the year on my cent.

18. bryantallard

same exact year actually. you can see what others were talking about "shelf like" like a set of stairs. as with the REAL one it appears that the doubling is of equal height. a pro could explain ALOT better and I may be wrong in my explanation. but it works for so I run with it. here is one homestead quarter I thought look real good. Wexler killed my dreams though :-( apparently strike doubling with incuse letters LOOKS like it...but will never BE it.

Attached Files:

• 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      149.3 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      188.6 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      216 KB
      Views:
  19. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

Thank you bryantallard I am seeing it more and more clearly of what a DD is as I learn more and more of this its starting to get a lot easier but harder to find.

20. bryantallard

if you are not trying to get rich and you are willing to change denominations just have have DD's to collect you should go with quarters. there are ALOT! with them making I believe 4 new coins every year they errors are on going. ALOT easier to identify a character on a design then master the lettering. if you check out these homestead quarters it gives you an idea of how plentiful they are and how easy it is to say BINGO! I don't want to say it is a "no brainer" but it is close

http://www.doubleddie.com/1467540.html

21. teachmind

teachmind Active Member

So quarters are easier huh, I want the rarest of them. Some what of a challenge witch I like. I will continue on with what makes a lot of cents now that I am studying them at the time being the present so cents I will look through so the cent I will find that makes sense right I will get mine as I have to use my mind.:wacky:

Draft saved Draft deleted