1969-S - What Type Of Doubling?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by TexAg, May 14, 2018.

  1. TexAg

    TexAg Well-Known Member

    Found this in a sorted roll belonging to my Dad. I’m thinking Machine Doubling on the date & mint mark but wanted to be sure (in case it was made from a Doubled Die). :pompous:
    1FBA776F-271C-47CC-A9F6-71CFEFBBC83D.jpeg B60FCD06-FBE1-4E89-800C-0CE199356256.jpeg 6A2C62F7-8347-4903-9191-18578939791A.jpeg BDDEF1AA-0345-4774-97FD-CED6F85C039D.jpeg
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest

    to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

    Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

    Probably MD, but looks really impressive. If I had it, I would keep it. Now let's see what the gurus say.
    TexAg likes this.
  4. BooksB4Coins

    BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

    That's a classic and unquestionable example of strike doubling.
    TexAg likes this.
  5. V. Kurt Bellman

    V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

    Imagine finding one even a little bit wider than your machine double, but you're going through a BU roll of 1969-S cents, and they're all MS64-65ish RD. It can stop a fella's heart for a beat or two. Been there, done that.
    Bambam8778 and TexAg like this.
  6. TexAg

    TexAg Well-Known Member

    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Will put it in a 2x2 and keep it as a “live” example of Strike Doubling.
  7. Bambam8778

    Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

    Putting it aside so you can reference it later is a good way to learn the differences between doubling. I still have a hard time but it's very convenient to refer to a piece you have. Most times you can answer your own questions! Great find there!!!
    TexAg likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page