1969-S Proof Doubled In God We Trust

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by jjohnson3582506, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Can I get a second opinion? It doesnt look like machine doubling to me as I have researched alot of double photos and I might have something here. Just want someone else's thoughts. I cant find any 1969-S Proof pennies with any errors to reference.

Thank You Kindly 1969-S Proof DDO.JPG 1969-S Proof DDO (2).JPG 1969-S Proof DDO (3).JPG 1969-S Proof DDO (4).JPG 1969-S Proof DDO (5).JPG

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The "doubling" does look interesting but when it involves the lettering and the date, that seems to point to MD...wait for someone (and that means almost anyone) to respond who knows more than me.

4. I just put a pic of the date to show the year.. the date has no doubling.. Thanks for your response

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Let's see some photos of the whole motto and liberty. And a better full size photo of the obverse.

Edit I am not seeing the usual adding to the size of the devices. They look normal size even with the doubling.
    This is usual for Md.

6. do you have an email address because its hard to give quality pics at 250kb

7. Pickin and Grinin

Just like you have done is fine.
    These are good and clear.
    Like I said though Doubled Dies will thicken/fatten the lettering and devices.
    MD takes away from them. When the mechanical glitch happens it flattens part of them.

8. Pickin and Grinin

9. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but those first 3 pictures look very promising!

10. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I like the "UST" but I have no idea haha. Can't find any examples anywhere.

11. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I will go with MD, The factors that P&G mentioned as well as the appearance of the date ( MD) and GOD ( MD). It does help in that there doesn't seem to be any listing on the variety sites or the TPGs. I do recall someone made spark erosion dies of the 69S and made hundreds of coins before caught. Fun one to keep. IMO, Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted