1969 s possible doubling - look at face

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by silverlesssurfer, Mar 3, 2014.

1. silverlesssurfer

silverlesssurfer New Member

1969 s possible doubling. On the right side of the face and a lot of possible areas. Would really like some feedback on the E in we. I used a blacklight to partially illuminate the coin as well as normal room lighting.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

My experience has always been that if you have to look REAL HARD to find doubling, then its usually not doubling of any merit.

Unless, of course, your goal is to collect one of every coin from every die pairing that shows some type of anomaly.

But that's just me.

Additionally, why on earth would you use a backlight on a solid object?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  4. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

The photo is too blurred and pixilated for me to tell, but what you are describing sounds like machine doubling. Does it look like the examples in the following link?

http://error-ref.com/machine-doubling-.html

5. silverlesssurfer

There no doubling on the mintmark s. Which was added in another process in 1969. All possible doubling I have seen has been uniform. Meaning in a direction. Or in synchronicity. And doubling seems to be slight. Not overly looped like a 55 or 72 penny. Let me take a better pic with a newer camera. The penny in general is hard to look at via camera or lenses. I found it 5 months ago and have looked at it and known examples I could find posted on grading websites. Also the mintmark appears to be hovering above the nine in 19. The BER in liberty look shifted in the same direction. And liberty in general seems to be separated kinda diagnolly. It to seemed to better match the 1967 pic on doubleddie.com the drawing or outlined penny. Also the second images have equal depth. Not smashed flat

6. silverlesssurfer

Also the nose and lips seem to show 1 face then a valley then another face. You have to look in not out face then filling then face.

7. bsowa1029

bsowa1029 Franklin Half Addict

8. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

That's great! Thanks for sharing.

Draft saved Draft deleted