1969 S Jefferson Nickel Doubling

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by trussxx, Jun 28, 2009.

1. trussxx

trussxx New Member

:kewl:

I purchased a complete set of Jefferson nickels in 1975 from a local coin dealer. Last week I decided to use my Dino-Light digital Microscope and to my surprise discovered the 1969 S with strong doubling.

I sent photos of "the 69-S Jefferson to K.P who writes articles for Numismatic News and his reposnse was: "Your 69 S Jefferson Nickel appears to be an example of strike doubling; very common that year well known on cents but I do not see an many on the nickels."

View attachment 15

View attachment 16

1969 S Jefferson DD obv.jpg

Tony

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nice Jefferson find! Have any other like this one? I am a Jefferson nickel collector , as well as buffalos, V's and shield. I'm never supprized as to finds in the Jefferson series...as well as buffalos etc etc. Funny how a coin used so much in change has so many different varietes. Thats one of the reasons I enjoy collecting the nickel. Just when you think you got them all....lol another one pops up! I have two complete MS & Proof collections with varietes. I just this week added to my holding #21 of the Fleix Schlag numbered 1938 display boards! Just when you think your done ......you're not! Nice find congrats Paddy

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Can you post some shots of the REV.? FS? Thanks Paddy

Draft saved Draft deleted