1969 S, helpful for beginners

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Aug 24, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

In my quest to research and look at as much as possible, I ran across this on YT. Seems like alot of stuff on Youtube conflicts with accurate info I get from the Professionals here that help us have fun and enjoy the hobby. This video shows clear pictures and answers alot of "whys". Its nice to see a video and listen sometimes verses just reading. Another thing he touches on is Ebay listings. YIKES! I think this is a great video for new hunters. If any of the leaders around here think this contains any bad info, please please please give your insight for us to learn from.

This coin of mine below is what sparked my interest in this year. Mine is a common MD....and I think a cool example of it showing flat surfaces. You can almost imagine how it "shifted" in the die looking at it. People are selling coins that look just like mine below claiming to be the true DD on ebay and etsy. Its sad really. I hope nobody gets ripped of their money.

IMG_6158.jpg IMG_6160.jpg IMG_6159.jpg IMG_6157.jpg

GenX Enthusiast likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JCro57

JCro57 Making Errors Great Again

Do not use YouTube as a source, unless it is a video from the Mint posted on there. Same with Facebook.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

I keep this picture of the real one on my desktop; not for reference, just to post on Cointalk whenever someone thinks he has one and won't take no for an answer;) Your first pic looked pretty darn good as DD, I woulda jumped.

1969_s_ddo_1-441x439.jpg

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Stay away from YouTube.. And don't post any more coin videos please. They are Garbage.

6. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Well shoot. Mods delete this???? Didnt realize it was bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted