1969 S DDR???

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Momof4, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Okay- AS ALWAYS, I think I found my first official doubled die!! Only this time I’m seeing things I haven’t seen before, but I’m still skeptical until one of you awesome members tell me I’m right!! So- what do you think? My dad gave me a birthday present (his birthday!!) and I got loads of original bank rolls of 1968 D, 1969 S and 1970 S from him- from a friend that worked for Brinks back in the day!! I’m still only on roll 1!!:nailbiting::nailbiting:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Not a DDR IMO. MD

Momof4 likes this.
  4. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Oh nooooo! Not again!

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Def not DDR.
    Did you check it against any resources beforehand? 99% of the time, if you can't find it on coppercoins, varietyvista, or some other site, it is not what you think it is :)

Momof4 and GH#75 like this.
  6. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

The pics are blurry, but it looks like MD to me.

Momof4 likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's MD

Momof4 likes this.
  8. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Ugh!!! Thank you everyone for the horrible TERRIBLE news!! And to furryfrog02- NO!! The one time I didn’t spend countless hours searching Wexler’s varieties or variety vista!! I did spend COUNTLESS HOURS last night on a whole bunch of other coins, lol!! This one was just a loner this morning and I flipped as soon as I took a look! And to GH#75- sorry!! I couldn’t find my charger for my microscope, so these were just phone pics! Thanks as always for the quick replies!! I’ll keep searching for my MILLION DOLLAR PENNY!!!

furryfrog02 likes this.
  9. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Thanks!! (TOTALLY KIDDING BTW!!) :p I have seriously got to find someone to teach me this stuff!!! Anyone in N FL willing to work for pennies?!!!! :joyful:

Mountain Man and Collecting Nut like this.
  10. Collecting Nut

There are many kinds of doubling and it takes years to learn them and the differences. You're doing just fine. Keep it up. It's fun!

11. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

:arghh:
    Or MAYBE I’ve discovered a new kind of machine doubling!!! Lol!! I’ll take anything I can get!! I have a 15 year old daughter- almost 16!! And she ONLY wants a Corvette!! :arghh:

12. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

I LOVE it!! And I’m def not giving up! Not yet anyways!! Lol! I keep telling my kids it’s like our very own treasure hunt! In the comfort of our own home!! They just don’t get it! My 10 year old FREAKS when he finds a “SUPER OLD” 1999 penny and INSISTS its worth thousands bc it’s so old and in good condition!! Lol!! I’ll keep working on him!!

13. Collecting Nut

Tell your almost 16 to start roll searching and maybe, just maybe, she'll get a corvette. Lol She may need to get a paper route and ride her bicycle. Lol

Momof4 likes this.
  14. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Lmao!! I think she actually thinks I would trade in mine to get her a new one!! I have a 63 Stingray that my grandfather left me and that baby ain’t going anywhere!! She can keep dreaming!

Collecting Nut and furryfrog02 like this.
  15. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

My 9 year old is into coins. I snagged him early enough. Who knows what 16 will being though. At least I have 2 more in reserve. The 4 year old likes to look at coins with me and the 10month old is interested in what they taste like lol.

Momof4 likes this.
  16. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

:vomit::vomit:
    My 7 year old daughter LOVES taking my magnifying glass just when I’m really checking something out and she must know what I’m looking at!! As for your 10 month old.......... Mmmmmm. GERMS!!! :vomit:

furryfrog02 likes this.
  17. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Momof4 likes this.
  18. Collecting Nut

I can't blame you on the car, can you post a photo of it? I got my first car by picking apples. $.10 for every bushel basket. On a Saturday I could almost earn $15.00. In the late sixties that was a ton of money for a 14 year old.

Momof4 likes this.
  19. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Now that’s a car!! Sadly- she would complain that it’s old. And I have tried SO HARD to get this girl into coins! She just wants to know “What’s it worth?”!! Typical teenager!! My dad got me into collecting coins when I was young, but I only wanted one of everything!! I knew nothing about errors! And I cannot say it enough- this is the hardest thing I have ever tried to learn about! And I went to school for psychology and computer science!!! Lol!

Mountain Man likes this.
  20. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Just to let you know, I owned one exactly like the one I posted, some years ago, and kick myself for ever selling it.
    New is nice as it has all of the bells and whistles but I'd probably kill myself with such power under me. LOL
    At 16, I knew it all and was only interested in the opposite sex and having a good time, like rolling my hoop down the road. LOL

Momof4 likes this.
  21. Momof4

Momof4 Active Member

Sure can! I just cleaned it yesterday too! It’s NEVER this clean! Unless I go to a show, lol!! And wow! Could you imagine making $15 today?!!! My first job was Taco Bell! It lasted about two hours!! :joyful:

Attached Files:

Collecting Nut and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted