1969-S DDO-2 Question

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by JickyD, Dec 24, 2019.

1. JickyD

JickyD Active Member

Found this penny tonight. Naturally at first I hoped it was a DDO, but closer inspection showed it just to be machine doubling. My question though, on the Variety Vista page for the DDO-002 in the section for die stages and markers, it list UVC-2230 and DMR-009 and says "Machine Damage Doubling shows on date and Mintmark – EDS
    Die scratches North-South outside column #12 – EDS"

What do the acronyms UVC, DMR, and EDS stand for?

Thanks,
    Dave S20191224_0004.jpg S20191224_0002.jpg S20191224_0003.jpg S20191224_0006.jpg S20191224_0005.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

Machine doubling or whatever...thats a sweet find! Im sure one of the experts here will chime in on the acronyms. In my opinion, its more interesting than alot of the legit DDOs.

JickyD likes this.
  4. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

UVC is something like Universal Variety Code. DMR is Die Marriage Registry EDS is End Die State, MDS is middle die state and EDS is Early ...

I believe what is expected, is that rather than just having major varieties like the CPG does, some feel by using all of these "markers" it raises the coin from "blah-common" to "wow! must be a rarity as there aren't too many listed with all the same code". No offense intended, IMO JIm

JickyD and thomas mozzillo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted