1969 quarter errors ??

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Nick Chiappetta, Apr 14, 2019.

1. I have a few coins in which I've found, and others that I was lucky enough to discover in my grandfather's collection.
    This quarter, I got last week in my change from a gas station. Struck me as irregular. Will somebody please inform me of any errors, if any. Maybe a value?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

What in particular do you see? I see a little damage but I may be missing something.

4. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Can you elaborate on the exact, specific thing that struck you are "irregular"

I only see some damage but on a quick gloss over. Nothing strikes me as irregular considering it's 50 years old otherthan maybe a small die crack by the A. I hope my daily driver car lasts 50 years and looks that good.

5. Ok I thought the first few letters in liberty looked strange is all. Some lines on the letters

6. The first 3 letters of liberty have consistant repeated lines on them. Maybe damage ?

7. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Yes, that is damage.

8. Thought might have been hit or struck or died more than once. can barely see but visible on the coin, a radial line along the left reed on the face side.

9. Which is also consistent with lines on the letters in LIBERTY and the number 1 in 1969

10. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

No, nothing in the minting process could make marks like that, just damaged.

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Circulation wear and tear..
    Only worth 25 Cents

Draft saved Draft deleted