1969 doubling on date but not letters

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Dv8one, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

I wonder whats up with this coin wish i could get better pics cause in some areas like the 6 it looks tripled 20170915_182800_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Interesting.

5. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

These are some photos of a coin that has strike doubling. IMG_3195.JPG IMG_3196.JPG IMG_3193.JPG IMG_3194.JPG IMG_3192 (1).JPG IMG_3191 (1).JPG

6. Pickin and Grinin

7. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

back then the mint mark was punched into the die, so since it looks like the same doubling on date and mint mark , i'd say its either MD or DDD....

8. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Pretty sure its MD. See how it is shelf-like?

9. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

Ots actually not shelf like or flat just a bad pic cause my phone sux wish i could show you what i see but its raised and looks exactly like other numbers the six is weirdest cwuse it looks tripled which i think is machine doubling amd some other doubling

10. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

Hmm. MD can be pretty deceiving. But without having the coin in hand I cant say. I dont think WDDO-002 has much doubling on the letters but it looks different.

11. Pickin and Grinin

When the doubling occurs on the date and the MM you can chalk it up to either Mechanical doubling or DDD. The MM were hand punched into the die
    therefore they cant be doubled in the same way.

12. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

1c 1969S FS-801dr.jpg This is not my coin but it is one i found on web that looks exactly to a t like mine if i had a better camera lol 1c 1969S FS-801dr.jpg

13. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

look again dude, your coins doubling is to the north, this coins doubling is to the south.....

Tyler Graton likes this.
  14. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

Im aware of that thats what my pic isnt showing and why i say the 6 looks tripled cause in hand even without magnification theres doubling to the north and south its on all the numbers but more prominent on the 6 im trying to get better pic

15. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

Thanks guys for taking time to look i appreciate it its probably nothing but it looks cool so ill keep it i guess thanks again for always being helpful

16. Pickin and Grinin

I like to think that there is another example or two out in the wild!

Dv8one likes this.
  17. Dv8one

Dv8one Active Member

One can only hope so right

Draft saved Draft deleted