1969 d Lincoln memorial penny with a 1969 equador 5 centavos

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Connie S Simmons, Mar 14, 2020.

1. U want me to get a red marker draw it out on the coin for u

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@Connie S Simmons Please provide an plausible explanation of how this could happen

I strongly recommend you spend some time learning about the minting process before searching for errors You have been making some very questionable claims recently. Understanding the minting process will help you recognize real errors, and not waste your time on things that can't occur.

When members like @paddyman98 and @Clawcoins get frustrated and stop trying to help, you may want to take that as a sign that something is wrong

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Why start trolling so early on the weekend? Perhaps you should practice some “social distancing”.

Martha Lynn and Nyatii like this.
  5. Oldhoopster

We would like to hear your theory on how this could occur?

US Would you please provide the your source that shows the U.S. mint in Denver struck 5 centavos in 1969

6. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

The last coin the U.S. Mint made for Ecuador was a 5 centavo. In 1946.

7. Might want to loolk again u can show u

8. Just like they told me the composition was buckle and steel and 21.2mm and it wasn't the equacdor was 19.05 copper 3.1 grams and was minted in Denver in 1969

9. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

You truly have no idea what you are doing. listen and take the advice from folks on here. We can't read anything you are saying it doesn't make any sense.
    And by the way your cent is just that a damaged and well circulated 1969D.

Stevearino likes this.
  10. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

I'm going detecting too! Looks like the frost may be out in the sunny areas.

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. Oldhoopster

Who is "They"? Who told you 5 centavos were minted in Denver in 1969?

Not trying to be rude, but I can't make sense of your post. I understand the spell check typos (buckle is probably bronze), but your response is just an incoherent mess and hard to follow. Please use some punctuation to separate your ideas so people can understand the points you're trying to make

Nyatii likes this.
  12. gronnh20

Here is a list of foreign coins the U.S. Mint produced in 1969. Try to choose one from the list.

Costa Rica 1969 5 centimos
    El Salvador 1969 10 centavos
    El Salvador 1969 1 centavo
    Israel 1969 10 pounds
    Liberia 1969 cent
    Liberia 1969 5 cent
    Liberia 1969 10 cent
    Liberia 1969 25 cent
    Liberia 1969 50 cent
    Liberia 1969 1 dollar
    Panama 1969 balboa
    Panama 1969 1/2 balboa
    Panama 1969 1/4 balboa
    Panama 1969 1/10 balboa
    Panama 1969 centesimo
    Panama 1969 5 centesimo

Philippines 1969 piso
    Philippines 1969 sentimo
    Philippines 1969 10 sentimo
    Philippines 1969 25 sentimo

Stevearino likes this.
  13. Oldhoopster

And how many of these were struck in Denver on planchets that are small enough to fit into a cent coining chamber?

Thanks for posting @gronnh20
    It is a real hassle to sort that spreadsheet on my tablet or I would have done it myself

paddyman98 likes this.
  14. Ok tell me this on this photo why is there a wreath going into memorial and centavos on bottom off steps and 1969 on the bottom 5 where Lincoln sits
    IMG_20200314_070249.jpg

15. l.cutler

l.cutler Member

Let me get this straight, it was a normal cent, then overstruck as a coin that doesn't exist, in a mint that didn't mint them, it is invisible in pictures but plain as day in person. Now it is all beginning to make sense.

16. gronnh20

I didn't want to limit her options.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  17. It does exist it was struck in Denver 1942 to 1980 here's a pic of it

18. They are the same size and same composition 3
    1 grams copper and 19.05 mm

19. Go look up ucoin and it gives u all the info .....I know what I got....I'm not new to this even though y'all think i am.....I talk to mr Fred all the time .....I got 2 people live here in town that are highly known collectors and both of them agreed when they seen it under incandescent light

20. It's visible in the pics the shield in turn toward back if lincolns head and it starts about the rim where the I is in in God we trust .... It's plain as day if u seen it under incandescent light u wiu6 agree

Draft saved Draft deleted