1969 D Kennedy rim toned

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by VeronicaM, Sep 18, 2018.

1. VeronicaM

VeronicaM New Member

I am really thinking that this is a grading contender.
    I just stare at it.
    I am also trying a new photo app

Attached Files:

tommyc03 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gregg702

Gregg702 Active Member

I would not waste my money grading it. They minted 129 million 1969 halves, it would have to come back MS66 or higher to be worth sending.

VeronicaM and Robert91791 like this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Agree. Wouldn't waste the $$ grading it. I've come across quite a few that look like yours just in my CRH. Pretty, but you won't have a ROI.

5. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Nope save your money

6. VeronicaM

VeronicaM New Member

I appreciate you all taking the time to look and comment.
    Some of these can be seen as odd, I agree. I value your opinions and keep it at the front of my decision.
    I have a voucher for pcgs but maybe pile it goes.

7. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Veronica
    Yes sometimes some do seem a bit short or odd, I'm going to say that sometimes when one knows the subject matter to well it is hard trying to teach for some.
    Thus short blunt answers and sometimes misunderstood terms.
    The cost of grading lets say $35 economy the specimen should be well worth the grading fee plus. As a rule of thumb....
    However no one here has the right to criticize as perhasp the coin in question has another value other than cash.
    There plenty of wisdom here as well as some attitude at times...one needs to weed through and determine what is of value and what is attitude....no matter keep in mind that you come to learn,and share.
    But most of all to build on a hobby that has sparked an interest within....let no one arrest your spark.;)

VeronicaM likes this.
  8. VeronicaM

VeronicaM New Member

I hear what you are saying and I appreciate it. Beyond the cost of sub, for grading-is there any other purpose?
    Preservation? Insurance? Anything I’m not thinking of. Most of all I care about my care of these coins and doing it right.
    Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Paddy54 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted