1969-C $20 bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by beanz, Oct 24, 2009.

1. beanz

beanz Junior Member

I don;t collect much bills mainly coins, but when i look at the dates on the money u have i never seem to get anything older than in the 2000's. (from getting money from change. i don;t go to dealers) So the 1969 bill seems really old to me. Is it a good bill?

I can get a picture of it up later maybe tomarrow

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

IMO - Unless there is a star at the end of the serial number there is not likely to be much added value to a circulated $20. You might get a few extra dollars if its in nice shape. In perfect shape you might get $60 to $80.

Good Luck ~ Darryl

4. beanz

beanz Junior Member

its in pretty good condition no creases, folds, tears, or marks. It is still still. But it's not perfect. I can see very light, whats looks to be, pen marks one it. barley noticeable at first glance

5. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Unless in very pristine condition...it probably doesn't have much value unless it's a star note (and even then it's not going to be worth a lot). Look at the end of the serial number and see if there is a letter or a star.

But, it's a cool find.

6. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

nice $20!!!!

post a pic when you can :)

7. You don't see older notes in change because the US Government is pulling them out and destroying them, leaving only the colorized notes in circulation, which is supposedly to deter counterfitting.

Since I started collecting in spring of 2008 I've only found three notes older then 2003, a 1999 Star $1, a 1995 $1 and a 1981-A $20. Kept all three, too!

For $2s 1976 are still common from the bank but 2s just don't really circulate so they aren't used up.

8. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

true, the feds pull older ntoes from circulation, but the reason you dont find them in circulation is very different then that!

In the 60's there was a reason to save certain series/districts, and there was social aspect to being able to save them. In the 70's, those social and economic aspects changed for alot of people. Same thing with the early 80's - it was only until the late 80's the BEP was chruning out trillions upon trillions of notes.

late 60's can still be found in circulation because alot were saved by collectors, 70's and early 80's are tougher to find in circulation, and then back to late 80's they can still be found.

there is alot more as to why certain notes can and cannot be found then the feds destructive powers :)

9. beanz

beanz Junior Member

10. beanz

beanz Junior Member

Serial number is C65036953A if you can not see it in the picture

11. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

the pics are very small due to how the site shows attachments but it does look like it is in pretty good shape. It would be interesting to see the marks you think are from a pen.

12. beanz

beanz Junior Member

i don't think i could get that to show even if i tried. it is on the left of the portrait on the front.

13. beanz

beanz Junior Member

i zoomed in on where the marks are you could see some marks. they look more lik e scratched than pen marks. this is the best i coul d get it. in case you can't see them i also circled them if it helps any.

$20 zoom.jpg

$20 zoom mark.JPG

14. beanz

beanz Junior Member

second picture didn't come out too good too small

*EDIT*here is my 2nd try on the pic.

$20 soom mark big.jpg

Attached Files:

15. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Nice note!! Cant remember the last time i got anything older then
    2003, I guess beyond that is a very tuff year...Lol