1968D wild lookin reverse

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Burninsoul, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Burninsoul

Burninsoul The Black Sheep

Hello i am new to channel here,and i was wondering if any of you fine people could help me on a couple questions#1does anyone know what happened to reverse here?7th and 8th window ,also from there to A in america seems to be different as in like a line making planchet look bent.its pretty cool lookin,looks like idk part of reverse was stamped at that angle#2 do you think this is worth sending out.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

I don't see what you're referring to on the A but I do see that in the bays (or columns) of the Lincoln Memorial. Is it a clash by chance?
    [​IMG]

4. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Hi, the stuff in the "windows" looks like die chips. A die chip happens when a, usually small, piece of the die is broken out or off, and when that die strikes the coin blank (planchet) that small empty space in the die is then filled with the metal of the planchet.
    Personally, I don't see the other stuff you're talking about.
    If you can, provide a pic of the front (obverse) of the coin and a close-up of what you're most interested in. Pix are always good.
    Hang in there and more experienced and knowledgeable members will see your post and give their opinions of what they are, and what the value may be.
    As far as "sending it out" to be evaluated...Sure, if you've got lots of money and nothing else to spend it on. My advice is to just wait and an expert member of this forum will give you the same quality of advice as any of the TPGs (Top Grading Services) could give you, but here it's for free.
    If you feel you've received good advice in an honest and straightforward manner and you want to see this site and forum continue, you could consider taking just a small portion of the money you would spend "sending it out" and make a donation for the operation, maintenance and upkeep of this site. Though the advice given is free, the site itself requires funds to operate and maintain.

With all of that said, I want to thank you for posting and asking a very pertinent question, and most of all, I want to say Welcome to Coin Talk !!

SorenCoins likes this.
  5. SorenCoins

I see your point on die chips, or what they call "hornets nests."

Burninsoul likes this.
  6. Hookman

Hornet's nests, as in, hanging in the upper corners of the "windows" like a hornet's nest, correct?

SorenCoins likes this.
  7. SorenCoins

Yes, that's a term thats been coined for a bit of time referring to small breaks in the bays.

Hookman likes this.
  8. Burninsoul

Thanks all i appreciate the feed back,i tried doing pictures at different angles hopefully u can see better..thanks again

Attached Files:

9. Burninsoul

I added more pics possibly u can see

10. Burninsoul

Thanks bub i added more pics,maybe they will be a bit better ..took me a minute trying to figure site out

11. SorenCoins

looks like a clash to me

12. Burninsoul

Yeah first i thought a cudd then seing the clash type line going to the A through me off,also didnt look like any cudd i seen..also 3rd window puzzled me as the front post goes into window.figured i would try to get some more advise from ppl that are more knowledgable in this feild.i wasnt for sure if this was common,cause i couldnt find anything like this one.

13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Thus the reason ppl need to *always* post *both* sides of the coin they are asking about no matter the question. A clash usually affects both dies. Only seeing one side of the coin can skew analysis/comments.

Burninsoul likes this.
  14. Burninsoul

I know now to post both sidesi was just excited to find it hunting errors and also turned on to this site i rushed posting,also i didnt no i could post multiple pics lol

15. Hookman

Please feel free to post any pix and/or questions you may have about coins and currency, or anything related.
    Thanks again.

Burninsoul likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted