1968 s and 1968 Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Jjpe, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

Greetings, I got a bunch of cents(although you wouldn't know it LOL) from a friend who had him in a bag so I went through them came up with a couple interesting Lincoln memorial. I've been through variety Vista and the 68s has a lot of characteristics of the one I got. Doubling on the obverse. Date, mint mark, Liberty, god.. I remember when I first used variety Vista, recommended by you people. good looking out IMG_20220624_115538021_HDR.jpg IMG_20220624_100715155_HDR.jpg IMG_20220624_100528865_HDR.jpg IMG_20220624_100521491_HDR.jpg . The reverse has 3 legs on Lincoln, well that's what it looks like.lol. and the 2nd column on each side of Lincoln looks like a shadow .greased die? Also die chips on column.to the far right of memorial a shadow is by the stairs. What up with that? On the reverse of the 68, there appears to be greased die issues on different spots of the coin. Why are the two s's in States distinctively different styles is that environmental damage? The e Pluribus unum looks funny too. Also some of the columns look to be machine doubling? On the obverse of 68 I couldn't find any DD that were noted .I'd stake my reputation there is (Lol) Date, Liberty, mm, in God?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

The 1968-S is the hardest Memorial Cent cent find. 258,270,001 minted is the lowest Memorial cent mintage. Just some FYI we don't think about too much...

Cazador likes this.
  4. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

And I wondered why there wasn't hype about it. eBay is only getting a couple bucks for them... Gracias

eddiespin likes this.
  5. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

De nada. But still a quarter-billion in mintage is no chump change. That's why they're not worth anything special compared to the rest. They are harder finds, though.

6. Jjpe

Jjpe Well-Known Member

You know I have tried other coin sites and by far hands down this is the best I really don't like jumping from site to site as I get different opinions so I'll just stick to this not only are you people knowledgeable and good but funny thanks so much

Abramthegreat and eddiespin like this.
  7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Draft saved Draft deleted