1968 Quarter error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MEHodges, Jan 18, 2017.

1. MEHodges

MEHodges Member

Guys need the advice. I ran into this quarter and it looks like an error or defect during the dying process. Please let me know...
    Eric

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Coins are not dyed.
    At least not during the minting process.
    There's no telling what may happen after they go into circulation.
    Your is just post mint damage.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It's a normal, circulated Quarter.. nothing else

5. MEHodges

MEHodges Member

Darn I was hoping for something good. It is flat on the edge and bent over towards the back without a break mark so I had fingers crossed..... thanks...

Eric

6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Hey, keep trying

7. MEHodges

MEHodges Member

Tonight was good. I got rid of my old guitar stuff and picked up 3 1oz silver bars, 2 1gram gold bars, 1 gram silver bar, and almost full Lincoln 1940s through late 70s coin book with coins. Not bad since I started my collection 3 weeks ago.

Kentucky likes this.
  8. Kentucky

What has precipitated you starting it? Brain tumor, kick in head by horse? :)

9. MEHodges

MEHodges Member

I have been through a lot of hobbies for myself in the past with no return. 8 years in the Marine Corps with no return. It took 36 years of life and the lose of a grandmother to make me wake up and decide to start putting back precious metals and coins as a long term investment for my 2 sons. I am all about family now and less about me......took me this long to realize it!

Kentucky likes this.
  10. Kentucky

And if you can have a little fun along the way...why not

11. MEHodges

MEHodges Member

I have had tons of fun over the years. I find enjoyment now searching through coins and enjoying family time. All you guys are great and I will continue with questions along the way :)

Kentucky likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted