1968 no mint mark Roosevelt Dime

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by kangayou, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

Hey How are you, anyone can help me? I have 1968 dime no mint mark, what can I do to check out for how much I can sell it, for a good price.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

If that dime is a proof it is worth thousands of dollars. If it isn't a proof, it's worth a dime unless it's in amazing condition.

4. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

Where can can i check it out?

5. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

I colect coins for about 25 years, I have about 3 big jars wilth coins, just today I decided to organize, I got 1/3 work done, for now I have over 80 quarter dollars about 1965 to 1969. Was a long day organizing.

6. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

image.jpg Any one can tell me where is the best place to check it out the authenticity for the 1968 no S Proof Dimes.

7. charlietig

charlietig Well-Known Member

If the coin on top is the coin in question.... that by no means is a Proof Dime. What you have is a no mintmark (P) Dime.... value in that condition.... 10 cents.
    The Philly Mint did not put "P" mintmarks on their coins at that time, so in case your wondering, it is not an error

8. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

I just sobrepus a figure on top of another, and fit perfectly with the currency that has the image.jpg image.jpg

9. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

My coin do not fit with
    the coin made in
    Philadelphia with out
    the P but fit perfect
    with the coin from
    San Francisco with the S. image.jpg

10. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

As expected....

"Proof" is a method of manufacturing, sir; while the designs are essentially the same, they were produced in different ways. As has already been stated, your coin is not a proof, which are produce for the collector market. It was struck for commerce and circulation, and will be no different from any other 68 Philly dime, many of which are still floating around. I understand the let down, but it is fact.

11. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

What do you can tell me about that, only make me strongly think my 1968 dime coin was made in San Francisco with no mint mark S, this way made me the right to think it was an erro.

12. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

2 times erro,
    1- for no mint mark S on the dime coin,
    2- The colector who got the Dime coin put it for commercial circulation.
    But for sure, I have to give to the right professional to avaliate. But thanks for your help.
    Have a great night.
    Leo.

13. charlietig

If you believe that Proof Dimes were somehow made differently other then the finish..... I think you need to read up

14. charlietig

Answer(s)

1. Has no mintmark because it's not a S Mint Proof Coin!
    2. "The "collector" who got the Dime coin put it in commercial circulation" is for good reason... because it was meant for circulation.

I guarantee you, if you bring that to any coin dealer and try to convince them that it is a mintmark"less" proof Dime... you will get a laughed at.

This has "teachmind" written all over it.... anyone else?

15. BooksB4Coins

Based upon..... what? Other than the desire for a payday, that is.

I'll be totally honest with you here; I don't give a rat's ass what you think or want to convince yourself about the coin. I thought that, perhaps, you could be convinced of the obvious before the schmo brigade shows up and turns this into another joke. I didn't post to hear myself talk, or to up my post count. I did so thinking that, perhaps, you were a reasonable yet misguided individual, but clearly I was wrong, and for that you have my apologies. Instead of putting together useless and senseless overlays, you could always search the forum (this is a nauseatingly common question), or even just read the earlier portions of this very thread, which likely shows other examples of... oh, forget it. Good luck.

16. BooksB4Coins

Umm... they were made differently.

17. Grimlin11981

Grimlin11981 New Member

I've got a 1968 no S mint dime n 2 1967 no S mint dimes what do I do to get them on auction

18. rev1774

rev1774 Well-Known Member

o_O wow, just plain old wow!! there are no words for these recent posts, I'm sorry to say...

19. BooksB4Coins

The first thing I would do, sir, is to read through entire thread. It is probably safe to assume that a detailed explanation of what you almost certainly have has been provided at least once, and possibly multiple times.

The second thing, perhaps, would be to grab yourself a few rolls of dimes from the bank, search them, and see if you can locate any other examples that just happen to be missing the mintmark. There are a lot out there, so it shouldn't take you long. Then, once more have been found, ask yourself if it's more likely that you're exceedingly lucky, or if, perhaps, the coins you've discovered are, in fact, normal and that you've misinterpreted what they actually are.

I certainly do not intend for this to be rude, but when one finds something they believe to be very valuable, research, and not worrying about how to get the item to auction, should be the first step.

rev1774 likes this.
  20. Grimlin11981

Grimlin11981 New Member

I have 2 67 1 68 n 1 69 no mint mark dimes trying to find out how to sell them n who to sell to to get the most money out of them

21. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Anyone who will sell you 40 cents worth of goods for those 4 dimes will get you the most money out of them. You're not reading what's in front of you. They're dimes. Spend them.

Draft saved Draft deleted