1968 no mint mark Roosevelt Dime

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by kangayou, Feb 2, 2010.

1. exavier

exavier exavier

ye,s you're right, that thing is I had a bunch of u s coins stolen from me, I had all the u s coins that was worth several thousands in a baggie. I know who did it, but I cannot prove it, with the law. I am moving to texas in a month. and she was helping me pack, but she was helping herself. it stresses me out when I think about how many years and how long it took my grandfather, to collect them. and theres nothin I can do about it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Visit here and search for you area: http://www.money.org/membership/dealer-directory

Those are ANA affiliated dealers. They may charge for an appraisal, but they'd at least look through your stuff and make you an offer for free. That'd sort of be similar to an appraisal.

4. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

No

5. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

I believe I have one where will be thr best place to get it check out?

6. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

How do I find out if the coin I have is one of the ones that r the No S proof?

7. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

You can check it yourself really.

The proof coins, all denominations, have squared rims and edges while the business strikes are rounded.

8. xGAJx

xGAJx Happy

don't forget its ultimate supreme glossy mirror like surface on all proof coins. :)

9. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Impaired proofs may not exhibit that.

10. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

We could help ya. Gottem pic Kimosabe?

11. Gary turner

Gary turner New Member

Were any of the no "S" coins released in mint sets that you guys know of?

12. green18

San Fran didn't produce any business strikes that year. This is a 'proof set only' phenomena.........

medoraman and Gary turner like this.
  13. Gary turner

Gary turner New Member

Could I get you opinion on this coin?
    I just started here very recently collecting coins and find it very interesting and I'm trying to absorb much information as possible but at the moment I don't know if this would be considered and proof or not.

Attached Files:

14. green18

Business strike.......

15. green18

And welcome to the forum Gary.......:)

16. Gary turner

Gary turner New Member

Thank you sir. I appreciate it and glad to be here

green18 likes this.
  17. Daniy

Daniy New Member

Hey guys i'm new to all this, recently started just looking through pocket change and doing research on it if i find something worth interest.
    But i've got a question. More of a clarification, actually. I read here that it's supposed to be square edges, so that means towards edge of the coin it's supposed to be flat and square (like a wall surrounding the coin, rather than a hill).
    Cause looking through my coins i found 3 dimes with no mint mark. 65, 68 and 77. But they all seem identical looking, which is why i'm trying to get some clarification cause i'm not too familiar with some of the terms used here.

Also, a small suggestion, it could be useful to post two pictures of the different coins and pointing out the difference in them. Would make it super easy to understand if you point an arrow. At least for me :)

18. green18

19. Daniy

Daniy New Member

Yes I've read this one, along with a few others. But no where does it give a simple easy to understand example of what is one, and what isnt. Like that penny website that points out each and every detail.

20. Steve McGowan

Steve McGowan New Member

Trivia, what exact Coins and Mint Marks are in the 1968 PDS
    US Mint Set ? There was no " P " Nickel Minted that Year.

21. Leo NYC

Leo NYC New Member

Hey, how are you?
    Can you help me may I have a dime 1968 o mint mark.
    I'm trying To send the pic but I'm using my iPhone.
    How can I send the pic?

Draft saved Draft deleted