1968 no mint mark Roosevelt Dime

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by kangayou, Feb 2, 2010.

1. dsmith23

dsmith23 Gotta get 'em all

do you have pictures, they are most likely philly business strikes. did you read anything else in the thread except for the post you quoted.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. I havent read anywhere in the rules that any member has to answer any questons that are ask.
    If it pains some to do it then its time to take a break.
    From what i see most spend just about all their time here on coin talk.
    If you do it for those that dont know about a coin and want to help then
    i think thats great. You help many like me that dosent have the answers to the questions that are ask.
    But when you come to the point you need to insult a person that ask you a question i belive you should stop typeing take a break or look at a few coins you like that are your own.
    There is nothing that says you have to respond to any question being ask.
    Wow its hard to be grown up right?

4. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I would think that by saying "no S dime," it's implied that there is supposed to be an S there. And therefore, it's got to be a Proof (for that year anyway).

6. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Couple of things:

1. No S mint mark dimes are proofs and not business strikes. Proofs will have squared rims and not rounded ones like the business strikes. So are you sure it's not a Philadelphia struck dime(Philly had no mint marks on coins back then)?

2. The rules are here, read number 3A ;) http://www.cointalk.com/t34131/

7. exavier

exavier exavier

sorry guys I'm trying to upload pictures, but I'm not having any luck, my laptop is not working now. so now I'm doing this with my cellphone and I do not know how to upload the pictures on the site. let me tell you a little bit about the two dimes. 1 of them have been in circulation a little bit, not like the picture above, now the second 1 is unique, has not been in circulation but it looks like it was never lester. I never seen 1 like that I guess it was error of the mint. so if somebody could please explain how to upload pictures I would be really grateful.

8. ML94539

ML94539 Senior Member

picture of common 1968 dime 1968a.jpg no s but very common

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Can we make exceptions to account for the Ferrari?

Chris

10. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

No S because that's a Philadelphia business strike, not a proof.

11. exavier

exavier exavier

well I'm not sure, I am new at this I have a collection that was inheritance from my grandfather. I'm trying to find a place to get appraisal on my collection and certified. I live in missouri if anybody knows of any good recommended places. it would be helpful

12. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

What do you mean by 'lester'?

13. exavier

exavier exavier

Luster stain

14. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

And that leads to my next question:

What is 'luster stain'?

15. exavier

exavier exavier

not to be rude or anything, google luster, it will explain.

16. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

You just tugged on Superman's cape!

17. exavier

exavier exavier

I just though it would be the best way to explain.

18. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

It's not, though. Most folks here know what luster is.
    You mentioned "luster stain".
    Now I'll ask. What is "luster stain"?

19. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

This thread just gets more and more bizarre. Despite it being entertaining, its time to lock it up, boys, and tag to the welcome message (after a little editing).

20. exavier

exavier exavier

okay sorry I am new at this I have no idea what I'm doing. I have a coint collection. I know a little about, it's been a big headache, it's interesting very interesting, that I jus rather sell it. it was an inheritance from my grandfather, it's a big interesting collection.I live in missouri and trying to find somewhere to get home appraised and then auction them off

21. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

why is it a headache? Isn't it just sitting in a box?. It sounds like your fighting yourself as much as anything else.

Ruben

Draft saved Draft deleted