1968 Mexico Olympics 22k gold medallion. No photos anywhere

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by LB Daniel, Jan 2, 2015.

1. LB Daniel

LB Daniel New Member

Hi folks, I am brand new here so please be easy on my ignorance. I bought out an elderly estate and found this medallion. It is from the 1968 Mexico summer Olympics. I know there are many 1968 Mexico Olympics medallions out there but I cannot find one like this. On the front it shows a large torch bearer along with 5 other athletes. There is a pyramid with stairs leading up to the Olympic torch. It has Mexico with 1968 underneath. Under 1968 it has Central De Numismatica. Under that is AB 22 K. The reverse has the Aztec calander. It weighs 41.9 grams. I have enclosed photos. I hope someone out there can help me identify this medallion

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. LB Daniel

LB Daniel New Member

Sorry folks. I forgot to upload the front

Attached Files:

4. adrienne manhan

adrienne manhan New Member

Hi,
    I have the same coin and can not find out any information on it either.
    could you let me know if you have found anything more about the coin?

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

It is not any official game medallion. The AB before the 22 usually indicates it was from one of Alain Baron's coin companies ( often in various countries). The slight problem is that some owners claim that many are just gold plated with 22 K rather than being solid gold, but perhaps those examples are of his different issues. SO you do have to determine if it is plated or solid to determine bullion + any premium value. Welcome Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted