1968-d dime error

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by torz144444, Oct 16, 2012.

1. torz144444

torz144444 New Member

Hello,

I was coin roll hunting today when i spotted a dime from the sixties that i couldn't tell what it was because the last digit of the date looked like a blob, under further investigation I found out it was a 1968 dime

Is this coin an error, the coin and all of its details are perfectly fine except for an eight that looks kind of like a blob

p.s. I can't upload a photo because i do not have a device that can take pictures

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

My off the cuff guess at this time would be die chip. Not very collectible, but I think they are cool.

4. FE21

FE21 Member

Or weak strike in that area combined with poor quality rims. I often see this combination to some extent in circulation, but taken to an extreme might look like your.

5. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

It could be a die chip. It could be a cud (bigger blob). It could be something else. A good photo would be required to give you any kind of meaningful answer.

6. Walking Sterling Silver

Walking Sterling Silver 16 Years Old and Love to Learn

It's very common for the 8 to look like that. I have the same type. Only thing I'm trying to figure out is what's a full torch!

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Two year old thread. No need to resurrect the dead........

8. Walking Sterling Silver

Walking Sterling Silver 16 Years Old and Love to Learn

Draft saved Draft deleted