1967 Washington Quarter

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Leesee, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Leesee

Leesee Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Leesee

Leesee Member

Thoughts please, especially about the bottom of the neck. I know there is a lit of damage.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The issue on the neck was caused when that quarter was put into a paper coin wrapper. When the end was crimped it caused damage because it was at the end of the roll. The circular pattern scratch goes all the way around.

5. Leesee

Leesee Member

Ty for your comment, but I don't understand how a paper wrapper could make the bottom of the neck look layered perfectly. I get how it could happen as for as the circular scratch all the way around though.

6. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Otherwise known as PMD.....Post Mint Damage.....something that happens after it leaves the mint.

As the paddy man sez, look at that circular scratch that goes right over where you think you see doubling. When you examine something and think about it in a clear and logical way, you can usually figure out for yourself what's going on, NOT that I want you to stop posting, just the opposite, keep searching, keep learning, and sooner or later, you will find something that has real numismatic interest, and when you do, Please, by all means, post it because every one wants to see " the Finds ".

Leesee, kids at my part-time job are always asking about my Hook. Their parents will try to "shush" them. Instead, I shush the parents and tell them How can a child find out any answers, if they're not allowed to ask questions?

Same here, you need to ask questions. It's part of learning.

In a way, you and I are both children in this world of Coins. I'm a tad more experienced, but more like a slightly older brother, whereas guys like paddyman (and many others) are the Wise Elders of the Village !!

Leesee, you and I are just " Babes in the Woods " by comparison.

Good Luck , Keep Searching, Thanks for posting !

Leesee likes this.
  7. Hookman

Leesee, it's not the paper, it's the machine that crimps the paper.

8. Leesee

Leesee Member

Ok I understand now, ty

9. Hookman

You're very welcome, and Leesee Girl, keep searching. Sooner or later you'll hit on something nice.

Leesee likes this.
  10. Leesee

Leesee Member

Hope so

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

If you press the roll hard enough into the crimper it can create damage!
    semacon-cm-65-crimper.jpg

Hookman likes this.
  12. Leesee

Leesee Member

I've never seen one of those machines. That's probably why I didn't get how it would do that to a coin, lol. Thank You for teaching me something new.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted