1967 Washington quartee

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Ruthlankford68, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Ruthlankford68

Ruthlankford68 Active Member

This 1967 quarter has a dent in the rim beside the L in liberty. Not only does the rim dent in but the smooth part below the dent is dented. So doubling on the reverse. I'm just starting. Just going with what I pick up first. Will be showing more with bigger errors here and there as I get to them. Is this quarter worth more than 25 cents? Also there is no space between in "In God we" .

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Welcome to Coin Talk Ruth. Sorry to say, but your quarter is just damaged. It is not an error and did not come from the Mint like that. How it got this way is anyone's guess. All coins are subject to damage at some point while they are being circulated. It has been around for 53 years.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

DEFDAM - Definitely Damaged
    Circulation damage. Only worth 25 Cents

Evan Saltis likes this.
  5. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CT. Please don't post more blurry photos and ask for members to evaluate them. Try using two of more light sources to get rid of shadows and post FULL SIZE, not thumbnail photos that are in clear focus, properly orientated and cropped to show just the coin, obverse and reverse, and then close ups of any areas you have specific questions about. You can use the "search" on CT to find discussions on photographing coins, which may be helpful.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That dent makes it damaged and that happened in circulation. It's worth face value.

Welcome to CT:

7. Ruthlankford68

Ok. I will definitely try. Isn't this a site to post my coins for advice? Sorry if I am mistaken. I only have my phone to post and take pics with but I will get more lighting. Thanks.

8. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

It is, but help is to help you...

9. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Always learning but this site can really help you do that. I've been collecting for over 60 years and I'm still learning.

10. Ruthlankford68

I appreciate any help. I'm so new at this. Only a couple months now. I thought I had educated myself a little before hand, but I'm learning there is alot to learn. I'm enjoying every min of it! I hope that as i dig into my doubling and other error coins that I come up with a doozy.

11. Ruthlankford68

How do I take full size pics? I just learned how to take the ones I sent. Lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted