1967 switzerland 1/2 franc clashed/polished/doubled

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by heavycam.monstervam, Mar 28, 2016.

1. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Is this any good? I have no idea on foreign variety coins... It appears to have some doubled letters/stars/devices AND clashed dies....
    Does somebody or Anybody have an Interest in this?? I thought it was cool, and different, so I picked it up for $3... I know I won't retire off of this, but, is there a market for such a coin?? IMAG1091_1.jpg IMAG1072_1.jpg IMAG1083_1.jpg IMAG0998_1.jpg IMAG1002_1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

The doubling doesn't look like the "value added" type, and minor clashes are fairly common on Swiss coins. It can have a small premium to the right collector, but just based on condition alone you can't go wrong at $3

4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Minor production flaws are really only a US based interest, basically, if you need a loupe to see it it's not worth bothering with

If I remember rightly, that was the last year for actual silver Swiss coins, so a fair number got saved as mementos, as often happens when the coin is somehow significant in a year.

5. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Well, after doing a bit of self educating, I recollect, I should have posted the 1frank I had that was an easy ms67 last year. I think it could have been a specimen strike or just a super high grade BS coin....Darn the luck:sorry:

6. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

The difference between specimens and really nice business strikes is pretty clear. Specimens look proof-like an often have fine lines in the fields from well polished dies :)

Draft saved Draft deleted