1967 SMS Cameo Quarter - GTG?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by GenX Enthusiast, Feb 2, 2019.

1. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

Hello, ladies and gents, I present to you a quarter I've wanted to take a better look at for months. It's still in its plastic, so pics will show, but I tried to get good shots of its fields and devices. Best pics I could get were with my plugable.

This puppy worth a grade? Worth the 8 bucks for the set? GXE

Fiery 67 SMS cameo.jpg
    1967 SMS mirrors.jpg
    Mirror wiggle1 SMS 67.jpg

SingleShot0041.jpg
    1967 SMS reverse.jpg
    1967 SMS reverse mirrors.jpg

Bambam8778 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice looking. Probably a 65. I would not submit it for grading. Most likely you'll never recover the costs.

GenX Enthusiast and Bambam8778 like this.
  4. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

I agree that you would never recover the costs for grading. It is however a good buy that you picked up a 1967 sms set for $8. It's about average but none the less, I would have snagged it for $8. I have about 20 of these and I don't think I would get rid of any of them. To me they are just cool since there were only 2 years that they made like this.

5. GenX Enthusiast

GenX Enthusiast Forensic grammatician

Appreciate the eye, sound advice. SP67s cameos are anywhere from 30-90$ after a quick look on ebay, but they are of course probably better coins. Have to take this one out and have a proper look. 65 would definitely keep it in its case.

I've got a bunch of SMS as well, not as many as you, but I tend to just tell myself "Why not?" when I see another clean one;) The quarter and nickel are especially nice in this set.

Thanks fellas!

Collecting Nut and Bambam8778 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted