1967 NMM Washington Quarter Mint Errors

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Itiswhatitis, Oct 14, 2019.

?

What is it worth?

1. Face value

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Has cash value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Member

NEED HELP L.T.S this on ebay but i really dont know what price to start it off with... any ideas?

1967 NMM Washington Mint Error Quarter
    DDO,DDR,Stuck off center and Dropped letter of the Letter S on reverse side.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

It looks like a P mint quarter. I don't see any letter S on this that would match what you call a dropped letter. Possibly someone used a punch?
    If you do put this on eBay, please confirm that it is a dropped letter before calling it one. Also goes for calling it a DDO or DDR.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  4. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Member

20191012_191439-ccfopt.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Member

Attached Files:

6. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what it is. I see the S on the back. When in doubt start it at .99 and let the market determine what it's worth. I'm sure if it's a dropped S many will be interested. even though the condition is not real good. I assume you have .25 invested in it........

7. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Member

I was told to get it graded, but as you can see i am just getting to know Errors as of DDO.DDR.RPM.STRUCKED OFF CENTER, STAR NOTES AND MUCH MORE I FIND MYSELF LOOKING AT ALL COINS AND BILLS BEFORE SPENDING IT, I FIND IT FUN AND INTRESTING.
    THANK YOU Beardigger for you reply i will start it off at .99 and see where it go's from thier.
    Thank you once again

Dee

thomas mozzillo likes this.
  8. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I would stay away from that Quarter. Looks like junk.
    I see no doubling. It's a minor misaligned die strike not off center strike.. That "dropped letter" looks suspicious.

You can get any coin graded. That has to do with the condition of a coin. For errors and varieties you would send to have it attributed. That is a different service done by the grading company. Extra fee for that service.

Do not list anything on eBay without first finding out what you truly have first. You sound like a desperate newbie with no knowledge trying to make money from bidiots who know nothing just like yourself. I'm not trying to be mean.. Just helping you from making huge mistakes!

frankjg, Brina and Spark1951 like this.
  10. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I want to help you also.. Don't give any advice If you yourself don't know what you are talking about. I know you are new also... Honestly in my opinion that quarter is a normal circulated coin. It should NOT be listed on ebay!

11. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

If that letter “S” is incused (pressed in), then it is simply a counter punched letter done in someone’s garage with a hammer and punch.

Razz, Brina and Spark1951 like this.
  12. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

The S was added after the coin was minted. You can see where the punch pushed the metal on the neck opposite the letter.

I don't see any DD. It's just a well worn quarter

Spark1951 and paddyman98 like this.
  13. Itiswhatitis

Itiswhatitis Member

Thats what i am trying to do thomes and yes this is a 1967 No P Mint Mark Washington Quarter. The thing that is getting me is the Dropped Letter S on the reverss side of the coin. I am not sure what a Droppend Letter Error coin is going for and what year the mint used a letter S in that designthis is the first i have ever came across one.
    Ok i will step away from it and i wont post it on ebay the last thing i want to do is give or post the wrong info about any iteam i may sell....

Just a few seconds ago i just post on the coin chat about this 1982 NMM Lincoln Cent copper penny may be you can help me out with it ?
    I am seeing it as a small date, but i could be wrong again. Can you let me know what you think small or large date?

Attached Files:

14. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

The 1982 is a small date

If you have questions about different coins, it's always best to start a new post. The title of this post refers to a 1967 quarter. How are people supposed to know that you also want info on a 1982 cent? Also, when you post a pic, click on the Full Picture option, It will show up as a nice big pic in the body of your post and make it easier for others to see. The default is Thumbnail.

Regarding your 1967 quarter, it IS NOT a dropped letter. Notice the bulge on the obverse neck that is opposite the S. This bulge occurred when somebody punched the S into the reverse. Dropped letters do not display a distortion on the opposite side.

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Please stop using acronyms that don't exist in numismatics. What is L.T.S ? Don't use NMM for "No Mint Mark". If it is missing a mintmark, say it is missing a mintmark and specify which mintmark you think should be on the coin. Please use language that we can all understand. We are not your bro or your homie.

I don't see a DDO or DDR. I don't see an off-center strike either.

As for the possibility of the "S" being a dropped element, there would have to be a font of the same size used on the reverse. I don't see that either. Why have you posted an image of all the San Francisco mintmarks that have been used on our coinage? Since the coin doesn't have a mintmark, how could you suspect that one of them is the dropped element?

Seriously, you really need to learn more about the minting process before you start looking for errors and varieties.

Chris

Nyatii, TheFinn and Brina like this.
  16. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Careful, Mr. P.! The last time I said this to someone, I got sanctioned by the "Be nice!" police.

Chris

paddyman98 and Brina like this.
  17. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Oh man, looks like I missed all the fun while I was sleeping. :p

Brina and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  18. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Sleep?? Time for your tadpole to have a rash if you are getting sleep already!!

19. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

He sleeps like a champ. Once he falls asleep...no rashes yet. Hard to believe he is already 5 going on 6 weeks.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  20. Snowman

Snowman Senior Member

to add with Chris … the reference of NMM for the 1967 is like saying some have mintmarks and some like to group these coins in the time period for "P" Philadelphia which is incorrect too. All pennies, dimes and quarters in the 65,66,67 group of coins don't have mintmarks but were stuck at all 3 mints - Phil - Denver & San Fran. No one have ever been able to tell them apart except for a few of 1965 (D) pennies. That time period the mints were working overtime with the national coin shortage. Here is the mintages for the quarters for each of the mints I obtained from a mintage book but its kinda useless. Snowman

Attached Files:

21. Beardigger

Beardigger Well-Known Member

@paddyman98......I appreciate you wanting to help me. I really do.
    But I didn't give any advice to the OP about what his quarter is or isn't. The only thing I answered is what he should start it at. It is not up to me or you to police what should and shouldn't be on eBay. who knows? maybe somebody wants a quarter with an S stamped into it.
    I did not tell him .....YES it's a rare error worth megabucks and you should start it at $9000. Then I'd be out of my expertise.

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted