1967 Lincoln Dropped letter?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Bryant M, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Bryant M

Bryant M Active Member

Look at his eyebrow it doesn't seem like pmd its to defined but I'm stumped

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I can't tell a thing from your photos. You need to give us a better close-up.

Chris

4. Bryant M

Bryant M Active Member

How are these

Attached Files:

5. cpm9ball

So, if you think it's a dropped element, which element could it be?

Chris

6. Bryant M

Bryant M Active Member

U, G, or bottom of an O. That is why I posted it on here because I am not sure like I said its just to defined and it doesn't seem like pmd.

Paddy54 likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

Well, Judge Judy would tell you that's not good enough. You need to present the facts or she'll throw the case out.

Chris

8. Bryant M

Bryant M Active Member

Isn't that why we get legal help so we can get someone else's opinion that knows more information about it?

Paddy54 likes this.
  9. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

How good is free help?

10. cpm9ball

How are you ever going to learn if you always get someone else to write your book reports for you?

Chris

11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You keep saying that. I understand what you mean but PMD is not defined as undefined or to defined. I'm going to act as a Prosecutor here. It is my argument that this is not a dropped letter due to the definition of a dropped letter. If you are saying it's some sort of partial dropped letter then that would be considered..undefined! So if it's undefined then it's something else..PMD or other flaw. What I'm saying is that it may not be PMD but it does not necessarily mean it's a dropped letter.

12. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

USS656 likes this.
  13. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I think the OP would have been happy to have someone say it could be a dropped letter, or die damage, or PMD - with some explanation of possibly why. Maybe the PMD is the result of something hitting the copper just wrong pushing metal up in a way that resembled an error or some sort and age has hidden the original hit that would be obvious with a fresh hit.

Sometimes people just want to try to understand what caused something to happen. Many times these questions are asked in hope that someone has seen something similar before and can explain it.

Paddy54, paddyman98, eddio and 2 others like this.
  14. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Looks like Abe got his eyebrow pierced.

15. Bryant M

Bryant M Active Member

Ha didn't think of that. That is what I will label it now.

16. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Only as good as good as the person giving it. And I'm sure the OP came here to seek a legitimate answer to an honest question. Rather to be schooled in day time reality TV.

17. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I commend you for your attempt at defending the defenseless, but I never mentioned any reality TV show and have no knowledge as to the one that was mentioned in another members post. If you believe that member is incapable of taking heat for his response, then I will take that load from his shoulders as I have become quite battle hardened in that respect.

18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Looks like a PSD hit to me. Yes it has resulted in a well defined curved shape like on a U G or O, but it is also raised. A dropped letter would be incuse. This is just a hit that has pushed up a curved edge.

Bryant M and USS656 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted