1967 Lincoln Cent

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Shag, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Shag

Shag Member

DSCN0367.JPG DSCN0367.JPG DSCN0372.JPG DSCN0371.JPG Do you think this Lincoln Cent has been cleaned? Also I am trying to learn how to grade a coin. What do you think it would grade.

Any information would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Can you crop out that creepy neon green carpet?
    We'd like to see the coin, not the carpet.
    Thanks.

EatYourWheatPennies and Shag like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Try taking the picture of the Cent on a white background.. colors can affect the appearance of a coin.

5. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

Nice shag carpet Shag. circa 1967?

6. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

It looks like a descent unc. Only worth 5 or 10 cents, but nice for 50 years.

7. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

Agree.

8. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It doesn't scream cleaning, but it's a common cent. Nice condition, an album keeper.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  9. lovecoinswalkingliberty

lovecoinswalkingliberty Well-Known Member

MS63-MS65, maby 66
    Decription
    1967 Lincoln Memorial Reverse. Ungraded. Around MS-63 to MS-66.
    Nice luster on obverse. Better side of the coin: atractive toning on the obverse, so probably the obverse.

10. Shag

Shag Member

Thank everyone for the comments. The coin show a lot more red luster than shown on the photos.

I will try to post photos on a white background. I have been experimenting with different color backgrounds. Oh well back to the drawing board.

I enjoyed reading the comments very much about my pretty neon green background for the photo.

Thank you'll very much.

11. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Nice lincoln cent. Did you find that roll hunting?

12. Shag

Shag Member

This came from a coin storage book that my friend inherited. I have been trying to help my friend with the collection.

The pictures do not do the coin justice. It is has a very red luster.

Taking some lumps so far with grading coins. Seems like most older date coins I have submitted to a major grading company comes back with a details grade due to cleaning.

Thanks very much for your response.

13. Bambam8778

What coins are you sending in? Are they even worth sending to get graded (minus your details comment, I'm strictly talking about value of the coin after its graded based on what you're paying for all of this).

14. Shag

Shag Member

I research the price guides and use the photo grading provided by the major grading companies and it is very apparent to me at this time I don't know what I am doing. I thought they were worth grading. I estimated the grade of the coin and researched the price guides.

I have sent several coins to be graded, for example a 1875-CC 20C coin, came back harshly cleaned-XF Detail. I sent 3 Indian head cents 1908-S, 1882, and 1899 that I thought looked very good. The 1908-S came back AU Details cleaned, 1882 XF Details cleaned, 1899 AU Details cleaned. All these coins came from an old coin collection.

I have learned a lot about coins but obviously I have a lot more to learn and I appreciate this forum because I most certainly am willing to learn.

But I am enjoying it!!!!!

Thank you very much for replying.

Bambam8778 likes this.
  15. Michael K

If all of these coins came from the same collection, and they all came back cleaned,
    there's no point to send any more in. They were all cleaned.

16. Shag

Shag Member

I don't know the history of where the collection was obtained. I suspect from several different places.
    Makes perfect sense what you are saying. I have to continue to try to learn what a cleaned coin looks like before I submit them for grading.

17. Bambam8778

Post a few pictures of the coins you sent in if possible. Some of the more versed members here can point out what the tpg sees to determine they were cleaned. Lots of knowledge here to glean off of!

18. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

For sure, try to get some cropped photos, not all coins should be graded, And there are different levels of a cleaning, hairlines, rubbed, toned over and harshly.

Bambam8778 likes this.
  19. Shag

Shag Member

That is a great idea. This is the 20C coin I referred to earlier. It is a 1875-CC 20C coin.
    DSCN0374.JPG DSCN0378.JPG DSCN0375.JPG DSCN0379.JPG DSCN0374.JPG DSCN0378.JPG DSCN0375.JPG DSCN0379.JPG

20. Michael K

The 1875-CC double dime is still a valuable coin. It's just more valuable uncleaned.

Draft saved Draft deleted