1966p

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tatter tott, Jan 3, 2021.

1. tatter tott

tatter tott Active Member

I really don't know why I post this coin but I just wanted you're Guy's opinion. What would make this coin look like this on the front and back. I under stand it's old but out of all the coins I have I don't have one wore down that bad for the 60 coins I have thousands of the 60 coins but nothing every look like this not even close. I have 2 1909 and their not wore this bad just thought it might be a special coin what is crazy I don't think their is no scratches no big Ding's in IG and it's smooth at the touch look at the date how think the letters are. Even all the other letters in liberty all off the letters front and back. Just thought it was something different about it just thought I would post it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tatter tott

4. tatter tott

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Heat from a clothes dryer.

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Yes to Dryer Coin. Not a Mint Error of any kind.
    Just damaged :yack:

7. tatter tott

I Tell you something else I've notice about this coin their is nothing wrong with the rim how Doe's this coin wear down this bad and the rim is way higher than every thing else their is no way you can wear down the letters and numbers with the rim higher I can't figure it out what kind of PMD would do this just thought I would through this one out their I'm stuck. Please some one give me a good answer on this and it makes since.

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

We gave you the answer. A dryer coin.
    It is heat and tumbling damage caused when it was caught between the drum and the wall of an industrial dryer.. Once again, it is not a Mint Error.

Inspector43 likes this.
  9. tatter tott

That is a good one this must be before my time are you saying they house it for a dryer or it was trapped in a dryer for years and the heat off the dryer did that .I like it I can life with that thanks Guy's I didn't think it was a error I was just curious what would do that I can life with that thanks Guy's I learn something tonight got something out of that next time I see that I will no thanks Guy's and Paddy man thank you I didn't even realise that it was a floating roof didn't even notice thank you for telling me yeah you're right it's a keeper.

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If you use the CT search function at the top-right of the page, and enter "dryer coin" you'll find that there are at least 10 pages containing 196 posts about dryer coins.

11. tatter tott

Yeah I get it Paddy man thank you I would never thought of that it's crazy what some coins go through every coin has a story I love it I wish their was a way to be able to know the road they have traveled I'm really into to this but that makes since you Guy's are on you're game that is what I like about you Guy's you no you're stuff. Some off you Guy's are to smart makes me look bad Paddy man I'm joking you have all ways right their and what you say makes since you no you're stuff. But I think the 69s coin is the first one you actually like that I've post told me that is a keeper that means something to me cause you are not easy to have a coin and you don't like I know I post crazy things some time but to me it's the coin off the year. But you will shoot it down every time I thought you had something against me for awhile maybe cause I used tatter tott their is a story about every thing I felt like you thought I was just some guy playing around. Guess what I'm the real deal I take this really take this serious and I in joy

Draft saved Draft deleted