1966 sms ? Half dollar

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Willysilver, Oct 20, 2017.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

If someone else doesn't want to listen to honest opinions and be stupid with their money then that's on them.

Blissskr likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Willysilver

Willysilver HEADS UP Supporter

What can I do to satisfy everyone's feedback picture wise I need some suggestions on how to take better pictures or something to show you guys that this coin is legit

4. furryfrog02

We can see enough to know it's not though.

5. Willysilver

Ok then Senior Frog

6. furryfrog02

I'm not even half way through my 30's. Definitely not a Senior ;)

7. Willysilver

Attached Files:

8. Willysilver

And thats in the plastic now whar

9. Willysilver

10. furryfrog02

It is a nice looking 66 but I don't think it's a SMS. I can pull several out of rolls that I have filled from CRH that look as good, if not better, than yours. Sorry bud.

11. Willysilver

12. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

How is it that in this post you use proper English and in all your other post, few can understand what you are saying? Same with your spelling. Stop with the games if you actually want answers.

13. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

I have this SMS 66' sitting on my desk right now in the original case, needs a dip to clear the haze but even with the cameo I wouldn't send it in for grading. The fee's would just be a wash or sunk cost even when selling a coin of this caliber. Where as the fee's of grading the coin you've posted would just equal a loss. I'm still not even sure your coin is an SMS either.
    22549546_10213139811004193_2579665452425039998_n.jpg 22687635_10213139809164147_5806300449119174935_n.jpg 22688662_10213139809964167_3493340171275623418_n.jpg 22728676_10213139808484130_4038410513936387379_n.jpg

mikenoodle likes this.
  14. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

That has a nice Cameo, @Blissskr , You beat me to the photo, I pulled one out of the safe. These still aren't worth the effort or money. Looking at the fields and rim I think that Willys is a business strike.

Blissskr likes this.
  15. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

I think Willy is in denial that his coin is not what he thinks it is, and even if it were an SMS it wouldn't justify getting it graded. Also Willy stop with the text language if you want people to respect and listen to you more.

Thanks,
    Jacob

16. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

I am all for someone paying up! Especially if they could have kept the dough in their pocket, and taken some friendly advice. I Hope the OP comes around, and can handle some constructive criticism, in the future.

17. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Those "Pro's" are still just a grading service which will, in all likelyhood, grade it as an SMS coin simply because, as stated earlier, other than CAMEO or Specific Die Varieties, it is virtually impossible to distinguish an MS coin from an SMS coin for 1965-1967.

Since the SMS coins are of a basic higher quality than coins intended for circulation, the latter command a much higher premium.

An MS-66 (non-SMS because they used to grade SMS coins as MS) will set you back a few hundred bucks while an SP-66 (the standard forSMS Grading today) may only fecth $20.

Given the cost factor's and certain grading guarantee's, the TPG's ALWAYS default to SMS coins for 1965-1967 unless you can 'prove' otherwise.

Blissskr likes this.
  18. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Ahh... I see there was method to your madness! Very good... ;)

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  19. SorenCoins

SorenCoins Well-Known Member

If Willy refuses to listen to anyone's opinion then what is the point in telling him not to submit it. We already know whatever we say doesn't change his opinion, and when he receives his coin back from ICG, SMS or not, he will have realized he should've listened.

20. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Well, yeah... pretty much.

SorenCoins likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted