1966-P 1C DDR???

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Rare-Tim, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

I just read that there is a 1966-P 1C Doubled Die Reverse and there are only a few that have been found. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Is the picture your Cent?
    Are you asking if it's a DDR?

4. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

There is notching everywhere but you probably can only see it in A in STATES and since there is only one 1966-P DDR variety known of, I'll have to presume this is it. image.jpg

5. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

But I like the ER in AMERICA. Very easy to see.

6. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

I do have question marks, but it's a Doubled Die that is kinda easy to see. (I'm glad to see a "Doubled Die" that there are only a few of and easy too see).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  7. Rare-Tim

Rare-Tim Active Member

Yes, It's my coin, and yes, I would like to hear your thoughts on it. I didn't know there was a 1966 DDR until about an hour ago.

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. dbldie58

dbldie58 New Member

That is doubled, but it's not the fs 01 801

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

10. Stoneman2

Stoneman2 New Member

I am not seeing the doubling you are. Your lighting could be playing tricks with you . Here are two shots of the same 1989 cent but with different lighting. The R looks to be notched in one shot but not in the other . The extra thickness is just die deterioration .

[​IMG]1989 ddr b by stoneman227, on Flickr

[​IMG]1989 ddr d by stoneman227, on Flickr

11. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

Every time I presume something I'm usually off. Your coin is a normal beat up coin. There may be some MD, but that's about all.
    Here is a link to the Wexler's die variety 1966 page. Scroll down for the DDR.

Hunting Rare likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted