1966 Lincoln cent

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Trailer king, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Trailer king

Trailer king Member

I noticed the highest. Graded coin submitted at PCGS for a 1966 is MS67. And record auction price as 6k. Should i send this to have it graded to maximise sale potinual. And what grade would you give this coin.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Trailer king

Trailer king Member

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Even with those blurry sideways pictures, you can see that there are lots of scratches in the fields. Have you looked at what a 67 looks like? Certainly doesn't look like your coin.
    If you spend you money submitting worthless coins, you will never be king of anything besides the trailer.

tommyc03 likes this.
  5. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Photos are too small to see small dings, scratches, etc. Can you post larger, clear photos. Thank you.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

A 64 on a good day. It's just a nice shiny Uncirculated Cent with the date of 1966.

tommyc03 and FarmerBill like this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Instead of looking at pennies for higher grades or "Top Pops", I think you should learn how to grade some of the SQ's or ATB's. There is a lot of potential in these series. ~ Chris

Inspector43 likes this.
  8. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Sometimes I see some great looking quarters in mint sets. Is it reasonable to pop them out if they are real nice? Or, are you better off to leave them in the mint package?

9. cpm9ball

I can't answer that for Mint Sets because I've never bought them to search for high grades. Business strikes in bags and rolls are much cheaper to buy from the Mint, and you have a lot more coins to examine. ~ Chris

Inspector43 likes this.
  10. Inspector43

Right Chris, that is probably more interesting. I have found some nice coins in mint rolls. I just finished going through a bunch that I had bought back in the 50's and 60's. Thanks.

11. cpm9ball

I found this coin in a $100 Mixed P&D bag that I bought from the Mint for $135.00. It's individual cost was 68c.:woot:
    2001-D 50c REV Slab.jpg

Inspector43 likes this.
  12. Inspector43

Nice. I didn't realize that you could buy a mixed bag from the mint.

13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

The Half Dollar bags come that way ....
    upload_2020-2-29_10-47-55.png
    upload_2020-2-29_10-48-23.png

Inspector43 likes this.
  14. cpm9ball

Someone correct me if I'm wrong! @Clawcoins ? I believe that the 2001P&D Kennedy bags were the first attempt at this marketing program, but they weren't released until 2004.

There was quite a hubbub raised over the 2001 Kennedys because there were some unique errors (besides the missing clad layer) created during the press runs. ~ Chris

Inspector43 likes this.
  15. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

I would appreciate seeing some of your nicer finds from those old rolls. Maybe you could post a few.

Inspector43 likes this.
  16. Inspector43

Thanks. I will pull some out and post them.

17. Inspector43

I am having problems with my camera this morning. New fangled technology is way out in front of me. Hope to get it working soon.

18. Collecting Nut

Just ask one of your many grandchildren for some help. Lol

Inspector43 likes this.
  19. Inspector43

I was just hoping one would come by for a Sunday visit. Even if my son would come by it would help.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  20. Collecting Nut

I understand. Lol

21. Inspector43

My microscope isn't working yet, but, here are some macro pics. A roll of 1958-D and 6 1964-D from the same roll with identical die cracks on the reverse. The crack goes through the T in STA in STATES. I will post a close up when I can. The 58-D's are some nice coins. I haven't searched them for variations yet. I picked up some rolls in 1958 when I heard about the pending change for 1959. I have some rolls of 1964 Canadian Cents that I picked up in 1964 that I haven't gone through yet. Many others.
    IMG_5853.JPG IMG_5848.JPG

thomas mozzillo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted