1965 silver quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RONYERBY, Sep 17, 2012.

1. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

Beavis*

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

With that ringed tail, is your avatar a Maine Coon Cat? Yes, that's off-topic. This "topic" was exhausted weeks ago.

4. gabepn

gabepn Member

first you log on to your post then go to edit post,go advanced manage attachments add file then up load file that should work

5. hemi1500

hemi1500 Member

so where is the PCGS graded quarter!! I hope it is real!

6. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

The odds would be far better if it was calculated based on the number of people making a sincere (by which I mean, they actually want to become president and are actually trying) effort to become president instead of calculating it on the entirety of the populace that are eligible. Even if you included those that don't make it past the primaries to get a party's nomination, and even if you included 3rd party candidates and independents, the odds during a given presidential election would still have to be better then 1 in 10 million by far.

7. doug444

You left out a key factor. Eliminate all persons under 35, that cuts the odds substantially. And eliminate ME. You would not want ME for President.

8. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

Still no weight of this coin?

9. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I think my free PCGS graded quarter is silver

10. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

11. DM1

DM1 Active Member

I know that coin was real, I read it on the internet.

12. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

And still no word on results of the PCGS submission.

'Nuff said.

13. CoinLearner

CoinLearner New Member

As a new member myself... there is absolutely no need for you guys to treat the OP with kid gloves - his most glaring mistake (besides his immediate defensiveness on day one) was not coming into the forum with HUMILITY. Nobody likes a know-it-all... especially an inexperienced one. Now what is the weight of the damn coin?! ;o They've asked you nicely enough.

14. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

1965 Silver Quarters- They are rare, and I tend to doubt that it is one of the rarities, but a decent counterfeit. However, if you are convinced, go have it graded and you will know soon enough. Lots of posts by newbies about having a rare coin, and the coin turns out to be either fake, or a doctored coin. Sorry, but I must tell the truth on that one.

15. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

I can't believe this thread is still going. :dead-horse:

16. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

All you have to do is weigh it if it's 6.25 grams further inquiry is necessary if it's 5.67 grams it's not silver . It's not rocket science .

17. theSharpGun

theSharpGun The King

I think it's a mistake to automatically assume that this coin is a genuine 1965 Silver Washington Quarter however it is also a mistake to rule out the possibility that it might be what the OP thinks it might be. There have been instances where people who don't regularly collect hit a jackpot with a rare coin found in circulation. It's far from being common but it's not impossible. So until the results come back from PCGS we will not know. Just trying to be fair to both sides here.

18. therocktjb

therocktjb Wait, what**

I think that it's safe to say that this guy is not coming back here to post the results. Odds are it was a fake claim, and he was just trying to stir up as much commotion as possible.

19. doug444

Would the coin show up in PCGS records or website if it had been submitted (and already returned)?

20. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Perhaps you did not notice but this thread is four months old and the OP has not returned to CoinTalk since 9-28-12 (12 days after the started this thread). On 9-27-12 he stated (in reply #125) that he had weighed the coin (but did not mention what the weight was) and he was awaiting PCGS submission forms. We never heard from him since and (like many, many others before him) we don't expect to ever hear from him again.

21. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Draft saved Draft deleted