1965 silver quarter

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by RONYERBY, Sep 17, 2012.

1. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

That's really uncalled for and unwarranted.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

History.

4. George8789

George8789 Leaving CoinTalk for good

Agreed. What happened to keeping things professioanl in CoinTalk?

5. hontonai

hontonai Registered Contrarian

Especially this one, who apparently never heard of the San Francisco mint's Bicentennial and State Quarter proof production, totalling 10s of millions of coins that are silver on the surface:
    I can't help being amazed at the number of people who "know" something, and then come on the forum to ask about it.

If I had thought the silver-colored cent dated 1960 I found in my pocket change recently was on a 1943 planchet, I guarantee that the first people who would have heard about it would have been the folks at Heritage!

6. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

Agreed. We need not be uncivilized no matter what another does or says.

7. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

His question, in his opening post, was not about the authenticity of the coin, but how best to maximize his profit in selling the coin.

8. lonegunlawyer

That was my understanding too.

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That is true, but how many times has someone come here with pretty much the same question and then refused to cooperate? I've tried to stay out of this, but I've seen too many instances where someone has used this as a ploy to get someone to make an offer. I'll believe it when I see the coin in a PCGS slab.

Chris

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

When you have found something and want it to be true/valuable, it is not easy to accept either people telling you that you are either wrong, or are full-of-it. I think that everyone would be happy for the OP if his find turns out to be genuine. I wondered several times about the weight issue also, but the person who weighed it might just have told him "It's silver" and he doesn't either remember or never knew the actual weight.

11. Kentucky

Interestingly enough, you can pick up a dollar bill with a very strong magnet.

12. lonegunlawyer

I am not trying to be argumentative, but only put forth a simple view while holding in high regards all of your politely expressed opinions and thoughts.

First, I have found answers, that indeed answer the question, that are concise as possible are best.

Second, if a person wants more info, they can ask another question.

Third, if someone pays a lot of money for something that is not what it purports to be then they do have remedy and recourse, plus probably have money to throw around. If the loss is small, then it is tuition for a valuable lesson.

We need not let others who may want to take advantage of us direct our thoughts, acts, or deeds.

13. placement93

placement93 Member

This is the funniest comment I've read so far on CoinTalk.

14. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

You lost me. Why is it funny?

15. lonegunlawyer

If that is the "funniest" you can also check out my comment on the 1965 silver dime thread.

I usually post something similar when someone feels they have been mistreated and some of the posts appear to give that impression, whether meant or not.

I just think that no matter who comes to the forum (whether their reasons are good or ill), we can act with respect and civility.

16. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I find this thread to be both shallow and pedantic.

17. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Hmm, I agree, shallow and pedantic. Heheheheheheh

18. Kentucky

cornholio2.jpg
    In your best Bevis voice while pulling your sweat shirt over the back of your head and mimicking a cactus.

19. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

That's Peter Griffin. But I do a pretty good Beavis.

20. dollar

dollar Junior Member

21. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

Beavis*

Draft saved Draft deleted