1965 Silver Quarter

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Vulturi, Jun 8, 2010.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

If that were the case, there'd be a gazillion of them. DO you have ANY IDEA how many coins a coil of this stuff represents?!?!?!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The 50% was very brief. 1967 dimes were 50% some 1968 dimes were 50% but most were clad.
    The quarters in 1967 were 50%. And likewise with the 1968 quarters some are 50% but most are clad.

4. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

Off topic - just wondering why a word censored in post #21, passed in post #54? I imagine it might be meaning usage and context, but it is the same word.

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I've seen some curse words quoted in other posts that were not deleted.
    And sometimes something will fly under the radar if it is not "reported" and brought to the attn. of the mods with their huge red edit/censor crayon.

6. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Probably just got missed by the mods.

7. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Thanks for pointing at that five year old post #54 - reporting it would have been even more helpful by the way. And yeah, I guess that nobody saw it back then.

Christian

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

According to Michael Lantz, Chief Die Setter at the Denver mint during that time, the mint did not produce silver and clad coins at the same time (Same time PERIOD yes, but they would not do both materials on the same day.) and they were very strict in ther accounting of the silver blanks doing their best to account for blanks in coins out each day when silver was being struck.

No, we only struck 10 cent pieces for them in 1968 and 1969, and only pure nickel coins, no silver.

9. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Very interesting. Thank you for the info.

Draft saved Draft deleted